Death Vocals on morningrise are weaker IMO

Could have something to do with the fact that Morningrise and Orchid vocals are considered the closest to Black Metal Akerfeldt has ever done, plus the production quality is awful on those first two albums.

I don't think they're black metal records, to avoid getting into an arguement, I'm just stating something which, is brought up frequently and would have been said sooner or later anyway

Different for sure, I dont think they are better or worse. his vocals in the verse of TNATSW are beautiful, and make that song so much more special. Having said that his vocals on songs like GOP are equally as good.

BurzumBeast said:
Bloodbath only put out 3 songs and they're one of the greatest death metal bands of all time, IMO.

Only three songs? On the EP, Breeding Death, yes.

...but then they released a full length, Resurrection Through Carnage.

...and then they released a second full length, Nightmares Made Flesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
edit: Oh yeah, being on topic is nice. Yeah, Morningrise has my least favorite vocals from Mike. But the whole recording does very little for me (not the songs, just the actual production).

winters epilogue said:

- - - - - - - - - - - -
edit: Oh yeah, being on topic is nice. Yeah, Morningrise has my least favorite vocals from Mike. But the whole recording does very little for me (not the songs, just the actual production).
all I can say is...........LMFAO!!!

i really like the vocals on morningrise. when i first heard morningrise after listening to mayh for a while, i was really impressed and found them more effective than the vocals on mayh. for a long time, i thought mike should do more screechy vocals, but he has improved his growling vocals on every album and i can't complain about it at present.

I still think Mike's most passionate (and thus best imo) vocals are on Brave Murder Day.

his vocals on brave murder day are crushing. definitely his most effective performance. fits the music so well.
"whereever you are, i am nooooooooooot"

I think the vocals on Morningrise are more passionate in a way. i don't know why, maybe it's the pain of Mike's private feelings that really make it stand out. I have no problem with the current growls but I just love Morningrise.

winters epilogue said:

- - - - - - - - - - - -
The thread was made over 5 years ago, that's why he said they had only put out 3 songs ;)

I'm going to agree with the more passion thing. I'm not a huge fan of black metal mostly for the vocals but Mike's vocals on Morningrise are different in a very good way. It fits the music and production well in my opinion. The production is more raw and the vocals are definitely that way.
Black metal style vocals wouldn't fit really The Grand Conjuration if you know what I mean.

I think his vocals on Morning Rise are ok, but I prefer his voice now moreso. The one thing I do like about Morning Rise more is how you can clearly hear the bass. It really stands out on this album and being a bass player myself, I find that to be great.