Deathspell Omega - Fas: Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum

Fas is better than Kenose. Kenose is great for a while but doesn't have the lasting power of Si Monumentum or Fas.

Would you care to elaborate? I suppose it is a bold claim of me to make considering I have not heard every black metal album released this decade. But I do try to keep up with the acclaimed stuff. Any suggestions?

Well FIRST off, your quote is wrong simply because SMRC is miles better in the first place. If you can't understand this, then you ned to listen to SMRC more.

I would rank SMRC higher if it were more concise. Either a few repeats should have been cut out or a song or two should have been. The second half of the album is also weaker on the whole. The prayer tracks are interesting, but I prefer the approach they took on Kenose in integrating these elements into the songs. Mass Grave Aesthetics is also a good example. Fas actually didn't do a very good job of this.

Would you care to elaborate? I suppose it is a bold claim of me to make considering I have not heard every black metal album released this decade. But I do try to keep up with the acclaimed stuff. Any suggestions?
Yeah...

Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Drudkh - Blood in Our Wells
Lunar Aurora - Mond
Negura Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
Negura Bunget - OM
Shining - The Eerie Cold
Shining - Halmstad
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
Velvet Cacoon - Geneviève
Weakling - Dead as Dreams
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of the 12 Stars
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

i agree with almost all of the above, except for silencer. still can't get into those vocals. i haven't heard velvet cocoon though. i'll try it.