Deathspell Omega - Fas- Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum

A year from now I'm going to get a $30 charge on my card and an e-mail that says "Apologies for the delay, we had to recreate the original recording manually on a wax disc and then re-invent digital technology from scratch while at the same time painstakingly painting the original artwork using a single strand of virgin pubic hair."

:lol::lol::lol:
I'd like to get into this band but I fear it would be a huge disappointment a la everything else reco'd here

New Deathspell split/ep hitting the interwebs... fucking awesome shit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjzlnyekyiw

Didn't even know this was coming/out.

Yeah, it kind of came out of nowhere. I think news about it only popped up about a week or two ago. Kind of annoying that only the Vinyl edition is a split. Waiting to see if Anja or anyone else gets this in before buying it from overseas. Gives me more time to absorb it anyways.

Great Deceiver asked for a bump...

...so I am going to ask all those who like this album WTF you guys see in this shit? It;s just a bunch of dissonant noise imho. Is it REALLY worth the time/effort to fully absorb this fucking mess?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm with you brother, this band is far from being the bees knees. More like a honeycomb comprised of shit, am I rite? Suck on that Grizzly Man.

Though someone (me) has to recall once again that there is a hüüüüüge fucking stylistic gap in their production between ...Circumcize and Fag..., with Kenose being the bridge and still vastly enjoyable because it has actual riffs of death in it.

Fas is fucking awesome.

The new track is long, but on one listen it seemed like a logical expansion of Fas, pretty much only using the dissonant complex song structures. I'll definitely give it some more listens, but I hope it grows. Every DsO I've listened too took about 5-10 listens before I actually 'got' it; too much complexity and stuff.