Deathspell Omega - Fas- Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum

The more I listen to this album, the more I love it.

The strained vocal part in A Chore for the Lost fucking rules :kickass:

I've not been able to give this much time. That's one of the biggest problems (for me, at least) with running a label...there's so much coming in that I want to listen to in addition to the stuff I buy myself. Between that and constantly having to fight off the hordes of women trying to get some Magna action, it's a wonder I get to listen to anything thoroughly.

The more I listen to this album, the more I love it.

The strained vocal part in A Chore for the Lost fucking rules :kickass:

Agreed. In a year or so, I expect to love it the way I now love Kenose, an album that needed a lot of time to really ripen. Besides, so far I haven't even looked at the lyrics of Fas and only shot a glance at the booklet

Of the extremly few albums from this year which I've heard, this one and Belenos' are fighting for the first spot.

Agreed. In a year or so, I expect to love it the way I now love Kenose, an album that needed a lot of time to really ripen. Besides, so far I haven't even looked at the lyrics of Fas and only shot a glance at the booklet

Of the extremly few albums from this year which I've heard, this one and Belenos' are fighting for the first spot.

The beauty in this album is so hard to see, but every time I listen, I heard stuff that is absolutely brilliant.

I'm really trying to get into this album, but it's just not sitting right with me. The drummer gets on my nerves sometimes, it sounds like he's falling down stairs occasionally.

Yeah, I read that the other day, it's completely fucking retarded. But all popular albums or albums following popular albums have to have at least one review of this type.

I like how bands release 1 or 2 great albums and then as if by magic they're above criticism while still a fad

DsO are getting a LOT of bandwidth here just because the excitement of "Si Monumentum..." hasn't really died down yet

I like how bands release 1 or 2 great albums and then as if by magic they're above criticism while still a fad

DsO are getting a LOT of bandwidth here just because the excitement of "Si Monumentum..." hasn't really died down yet

Si Monumentum is and probably always will be their best work, but Fas is no slouch. It's one of the best of the year.

Everything they've put out is great. BTW I heard Infernal Battles and Inquisitors Of Satan before I heard SMRC (though this was after SMRC was already being praised).

:zzz:

I actually only heard those first because that was before I was buying things online and the local store didn't have SMRC for a long time.