Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

cletus.gif
X2

good band but the vocalist is completely without feeling or identity and lets the music down. i do not know how a band of this level of ambition do not realize this doofus is holding them back and ruining the atmosphere

also this is not sarcofago so maybe get someone who can pronounce english, too

I think you all have to understand that Deathspell Omega is more theoretical metal than in your face black metal; they use medieval music, the devil tritone, dissonant modern music and etc. ..If you read DSO's lyrics, its not something that you can just growl or scream...in my opinion if you can understand the lyrics, you can see that the music fits to a T....if u want more traditional black metal..check out DSO's labelmates like Watain and Katharsis

this band is like sarah palin. things look decent on the surface but when it comes down to it, it's just plain dumb.

The band peaked at Si Monumentum, Kénôse being enjoyable but also the beginning of the end. What followed clearly lacked substance, dirt and agression nor did it bring many exciting new elements on the table.

If you're only familiar with post Si Monumentum, it's really interesting to check the Manifestations stuff and previous releases.

^
that.

Dismissing the 2000-2004 Deathspell Omega on account of the more cerebral stuff they've done since then doesn't make sense. Both Infernal Batlles and Inquisitors of Satan are some high-class, hype-free black metal with splendid riffage and toxic vapours of melting flesh up your nostrils. The Manifestations 2002 CD also contains some of their best songs ever.

The album is one 42 minute song. It's the best thing they've done since Si Monumentum and and a real accomplishment. Even DsO haters should take a look.

Even DsO haters should take a look.

Yes. This new album is like a far more coherent version of Fas, as I have seen a few critics already admit. No ambient nonsense whatsoever. Melodies are used again with greater frequency.

It probably won't convert those who aren't into the band's dense technical style to begin with. But you might be able to tolerate or even like the album if you couldn't stand Fas, since, as I already noted, it is more coherent.

I didn't think it's THAAAAT AWE_SO_ME.... Yet, it's alright. Maybe I just need some time.

this band is like sarah palin. things look decent on the surface but when it comes down to it, it's just plain dumb.
This.

DsO is one of those bands I keep revisiting, because of the RC hype. I've never been able to figure out what all the fuss is about. I'm sure I'll spin SMRC at some point in the next few days, because of this thread, to confirm that which I already know.