Deliverance Delivers

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Not one weak song (insert period here)

For those of you who want Opeth to sound like their previous cds, grow the fuck up. Why should they continue to create songs that sound like their other music? There is no reason. They continue to grow in both musicianship and in songwriting.

I cannot pick a favorite song on this entire cd. The only problem with it is this, I wish there was more time to it.

Totally agree. I even like "Wreath"...it kind of jars you for the first few seconds but then it's alllll gravy after that:) .

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Not one weak song (insert period here)

For those of you who want Opeth to sound like their previous cds, grow the fuck up. Why should they continue to create songs that sound like their other music? There is no reason. They continue to grow in both musicianship and in songwriting.

I cannot pick a favorite song on this entire cd. The only problem with it is this, I wish there was more time to it.

My problem is it sounds too similar to their previous CD's. Before, I'd listen to an Opeth album and go "Man, how did they come up with that!" then I listen to Deliverance and hear the same kinda riff that I've been hearing for the past four albums.

And the instrumental is fucking horrible. Seriously. I hate it, despise it, loathe it. It pains my ears to listen to it.

I'm losing faith in Opeth. If Damnation isn't any good (which I've got a feeling it wont be) then it'll be another great band that stayed past their welcome.

Originally posted by Izzy Junior
My problem is it sounds too similar to their previous CD's. Before, I'd listen to an Opeth album and go "Man, how did they come up with that!" then I listen to Deliverance and hear the same kinda riff that I've been hearing for the past four albums.

And the instrumental is fucking horrible. Seriously. I hate it, despise it, loathe it. It pains my ears to listen to it.

I'm losing faith in Opeth. If Damnation isn't any good (which I've got a feeling it wont be) then it'll be another great band that stayed past their welcome.

i feel sorry for you dude,

Originally posted by Stondis
I love that "endless riffing" bit, they played Deliverance last night in London.
It rocked

Stondis, I guess you already know that your nick is Finnish and means "hard on" ;)
Well, could it be that you´re a Finn...? :eek: