Deliverance Meaning

It's about Burt fucking Reynolds

nah, actually Mike said in an interview that this is a song written from the perspective of a psycho killer

metal_wrath said:
Probably true,

Actually, I have noticed that chronologically, Opeth records seem to get more evil...

so a bunch of guys spreading leprosy is more evil than a guy massacring an entire village because they cut his girlfriend's throat infront of him? [/pedantic]

daz436 said:
so a bunch of guys spreading leprosy is more evil than a guy massacring an entire village because they cut his girlfriend's throat infront of him? [/pedantic]

How come you're sure he slayed the whole village? I thought he just whacked the-council-of-the-cross fuckers who killed Melinda...

:Wreath: said:
How come you're sure he slayed the whole village? I thought he just whacked the-council-of-the-cross fuckers who killed Melinda...

each and everyone would die at my hand?

daz436 said:
each and everyone would die at my hand?

heh, that's just your interpretation :cool: it can mean everyone from the village, from the council or even the world! besides, had he slain the whole town, who would apprehend him in the end and hang him? And from what I remember, there were townsfolk gathered at the place of execution...

I just love nerdfights :p

BTW, I bought Serart recently and must say it's pretty nice! Still haven't grown on me enough though