Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries.

Deliverance vs. Ghost Reveries

• Deliverance

Votes: 83 41.7%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 116 58.3%

• Total voters
Deliverance is weak for an Opeth album.

Yeah, it's heavier than Ghost Reveries, but it just totally lacks atmosphere, and I think Ghost Reveries has atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, Deliverance and A Fair Judgement are classic songs, but the rest of the album is lacking as a whole, even if there are good moments.

I can tell that Deliverance was rushed and the songs were thrown together more messily than most Opeth releases, I don't know about the rest of you, but this is factually the case.

Some like it, some don't. Ghost Reveries happens to be one of my favourite Opeth albums though, up there with Still Life, Damnation and My Arm's Your Hearse, I am a fan of prog music though, moreso than metal, possibly.

no he is saying that the second half of the albums other than Morningrise and Orchid suck. and he is wrong in saying that.

It's Deliverance for me. Ghost Reveries may have a fuller sound, and is not as one-dimensional and very colorful, but it's overall mediocre. Deliverance is flawless the whole way through- a brutal hour of torture and anguished depression, or something emo like that.

in limbow said:
It's Deliverance for me. Ghost Reveries may have a fuller sound, and is not as one-dimensional and very colorful, but it's overall mediocre. Deliverance is flawless the whole way through- a brutal hour of torture and anguished depression, or something emo like that.
Ehh... deliverance has its moments. GR has less moments.

blimey said:
Ehh... deliverance has its moments. GR has less moments.

quotes taken from you just a couple months ago

"Anyways, I hope that Opeth continues in this direction when recording their next album"

"I'm sorry but the only song I cannot stand on GR is Beneath the Mire. It's a mediocore song with a horrible intro. I always skip it."

-meaning you like every other song

sucks to see GR changed so fast for you...

BreathingShadow said:
quotes taken from you just a couple months ago

"Anyways, I hope that Opeth continues in this direction when recording their next album"

"I'm sorry but the only song I cannot stand on GR is Beneath the Mire. It's a mediocore song with a horrible intro. I always skip it."

-meaning you like every other song

sucks to see GR changed so fast for you...

He said that theres only one track he cannot stand. Doesnt mean he likes every other song, just that he really doesnt like 1 of them.

Scarlett Letterman said:
Posterity will say Deliverance, but GR is new and commercial so it will win.

I'm so sick of this commercial bullshit. What makes commercial? The fact that it has more clean vocals? It's just ridiculous. GR is a better album because the songwriting is better. Plain and simple.

watermelon?

people who don't think MORNINGRISE is the best album eber aren't Braighs.

:watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon: :watermelon:

blimey said:
I just feel as if Opeth has lost the emotion that they had on previous albums.

Still Life/BWP/MAYH/Morningrise are really just amazing, almost flawless albums.

My 2 cents.

(although, comparing Deliverance and GR to the other crap thats out there, it beats 98% of it)

If you can listen to hours of wealth and isolation years and honestly say they've lost their emotion, you're out of your mind. And, granted it's an opinion, but songs like the amen corner, karma, and white cluster are far from almost flawless. (but i agree, still better than mostly everything else today in the genre)