Derek's message to Charlie

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
That message that dude sent to Charlie was awesome. Things like that really put life into perspective, and makes me thankful I'm lucky enough to live my life however I choose, and I can go buy Anthrax cds on whatever day I feel like.

So horns up to you Derek, and your girl for raving about WCFYA !!!

Reactions: mentalmeltdown
Hey guys, I just got back from Operation Iraqi Freedon about a week or so ago. I just wanted you to know that the very first thing I did when I arrived at Camp LeJeune (after checking back in and whatnot) was take off to the mall. Not too terribly exciting, but, the very first thing I purchased was your new album. My girlfriend told me about it when I was in Iraq, and I couldn't wait to get it! When I finally got back to the states and I could spend some of the hard earned money I was saving up over there, it was spent on your album. Before fast food, movies, clothes, anything. Your album came first, and all I want to say is - HOT DAMN! I love it. You really made my day that day, and most since. I listen to it all the time and think it is the best album you have all put out so far (and I've been into all your albums from Fist Full of Metal and beyond). Seriously, I wanna thank you all for being creative and doing something with the freedoms you all have. I do feel like the military tends to get underappreciated, but in the same respect, I don't want to underappreciate the artists, poets, writers, actors, etc. I may defend our way of life, but you all make it worth living. I've been a fan forever, and just want to say thanx. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to more music from you all...

- derek

Yeah this above message was on Anthrax.com home page for only about a day or 2. Very cool.

Hey guys thank you all for reading my e-mail. I appreciate it. I love art. All kinds of art. And that's what keeps me going, is knowing that there are people making art and doing creative things with their life. And - I LOVE THIS NEW ALBUM! So thanx to Anthrax and all the fans out there who keep their music going. See you all in the pit!

- derek

Nope, I did hang with some Brits, and got a pair of British cammies, but alas, no Aussies. Just Marines and the occaisional Army person. Oh yeah, and all the NAvy people on the way there and back. Sorry dude, probably not as exciting as you hoped....

- derek

Southy - is that Carlton Colds you're drinking there dude in your avatar??

Get on to the Coopers, mate !!!!!

Funny we're all in the same country but drink different piss depending on where exactly. I like VB, XXXX is ok, but Coopers is the shit for us being here in SA !!!