Devildriver and Opeth

ethereallights

Fevered Pitch
Jun 9, 2004
Somewhere
I do not think this question was addressed, but I'm sure it has been asked. Why the fuck did the Godlyness of Opeth tour with the shittyness of Devil Driver? I mean if Devil Driver played one more song it could have ruined the night.

why da fuck did they tour with moonspell then?!
i preferred devidlriver, although moonspell was a tiny bit more fitting.
and there are ENOUGH weird lineups (hypocrisy/cob/nevermore/dimmu borgir; unexpect/aesma daeva/morgion/kult ov azazel/melechesh; etc)...
and i wasnt too happy with the band that was opening for opeth here first time i saw them (praetoria)...

Devil Driver also toured with In Flames, it's on one of their shows that I got to see DD. There was also another support act (can't remember name), which was pretty cool, but Devil Driver sucked... :erk:

when i saw in flames (end of may this year) they came with killswitch engage, and as i lay dying. KSE are awesome, but i had to leave before they got on stage, but as i lay fying sucked... but i wasnt surprised the aild got chosen... although id LOVE if blood has been shed woudlve been chosen...

Moonspell kicked ass on the tour. I thought they fit with Opeth well.

I'm of course biased, cause I'm a Moonspell fan too, and getting to see two of my favorite bands in concert together made me quite joyous.

^^^
yeah im no fan of moonspell. but whatever, i enjoyed their set mainly because i was wasted and moshing alone... actually most fun i had at that show was during moonspells set, because at the end of it, i ripped the ligaments (sp?) in my anckle, and had HUGE troubles moving from place to place... i tried to enter the pit again, but got out after 5 seconds, because i knew that my anckle will get more fucked up if ill stay... so yeah drunk with ripped anckle =\= fun

moonspell suck but they put on an entertaining show...so i was happy. the big vodoo stick lol
as for devil driver, opeth made a lot of money off all those gay nu metal fags that came to the show so power to them

whos goin to the black dahlia and cannibal corpse show in ny this monday?!!!

I like listening to bands who are beyond power chords and basic instrumentation. Now their drummer was good, he's no Trym, not anywhere near really, but he was about the only talent in the band. I think Moonspell was ok. I would rather see them live than buy a CD. Yeah I say we bash devil driver into nothingness. Maybe they'll quit!! :)

You can't call someone stupid just because of their opinions, ok yeah you can. Moonspell was a good opener for Opeth, but still, Devil Driver could have ruined the evening for me

Themoor666 said:
you bunch of stupid fucks. I love Opeth. But just because they are like the greatest band in the world doesn't mean you have to think everyone they tour with is shit. Moonspell is an awesome band. Opeth was better, yes, but moonspell had one hell of a stage show, just with stage presence. I think they are a great band and they deserve much more respect than you all give them. (yes the voodoo stick was entertaining). except kyuss80 who stood up for moonspell. but yes Devil Driver can fuck off
dude, did you ever answer my question regarding whether or not you went to the bogarts show in february? remember when DD's singer threatened the guy who threw a plastic bottle? that was funny. he said something like, "i could get this whole crowd to kick your ass!" i remember yawning at that point.

I think that he should of taken this calm approach while talking to the audience then he could of gone and went with the whole bad music. He should of been more humble, almost apologetic, that would of given them an edge.