Did a plane crash into the Pentagon on 9/11?

lurch70 said:
Maaaannnnnnnnn... Clerks is generally thought of as my Movie Numero Uno but I just have an awful feeling about this. I mean I'm not even stoked, at all. In fact this is the first time I haven't been giddy for a new Kevin Smith film, and I don't even think it has anything to do with Jersey Girl.

Sequels = eat shit

EDIT: Except Evil Dead 2, that shit is mad harsh yo.

JayKeeley said:
...and yet there must be AT LEAST 50 cameras (gas stations, hotels, parking lots, street surveillance) that would have caught something.
I would tend to doubt that. I would suspect that 95% of all cameras are pointed at specific part of the ground, right in front of them. Have you ever walked passed a security camera pointed at the sky? Have you ever noticed one that was doing anything other than monitoring the very small area that they are designed to cover?

JayKeeley said:
Otherwise I'd say they have some real security problems at the Pentagon if cameras are dummies, not working, or non-existent.
So essentially, you've opted for a conspiracy theory, rather than believe the security cameras at the Pentagon weren't set up to catch an aerial attack? Why would they be? What would they hope to catch on camera?

Zod

General Zod said:
Have you ever walked passed a security camera pointed at the sky?

Wait a minute, why would the camera need to point to the sky? As you're well aware, the plane flew down and then horizontally at 500mph only 5ft above the ground. Any camera pointed towards the pentagon would have seen in clear light of day a BOEING 757 fly into the side of the Pentagon.

So essentially, you've opted for a conspiracy theory, rather than believe the security cameras at the Pentagon weren't set up to catch an aerial attack?

I haven't opted for conspiracy theory. I've opted to see evidence before I just believe whatever's been reported. I'd also like to know why all the tapes from surrounding gas stations and hotels were confiscated within an hour after the explosion.

Show me the money.

JayKeeley said:
Wait a minute, why would the camera need to point to the sky?
Because the plane would have only been at ground level for a second or two, before impact.

JayKeeley said:
Any camera pointed towards the pentagon would have seen in clear light of day a BOEING 757 fly into the side of the Pentagon.
Why would any camera, other than those operated by the Pentagon, be pointed at the Pentagon? If you run a convenience store (let’s say), your security cameras are going to be focused on the door and the register, and perhaps the aisles… not the Pentagon. Might a camera pointed at the door have caught something in its periphery? Perhaps. But what kind of quality would you expect that to be?

JayKeeley said:
I'd also like to know why all the tapes from surrounding gas stations and hotels were confiscated within an hour after the explosion.
This is the one tidbit I’ve heard conspiracy theorists note ad nausea. [StartTommyChongLikeVoice]Hey man, why would Big Brother come in and round up all the video footage?[EndTommyChongLikeVoice] Evidence gathering. If cops show up at a murder scene, and there were surveillance cameras in use in the area, I would expect them to collect and review the tapes.

Zod

I just realized that Zod works for a new security camera company trying to get off the ground by offering superior 360º coverage of areas once thought to be unimportant, and he's using this anti-conspiracy stance to drum up discussion about common video needs for this post-9/11 world.

You can't fool me! :loco:

lurch70 said:
so what the gov't is saying is that there is not ONE camera that captured this going down? i mean this is a fucking plane we are talking about !!!
I don't know shit about cameras. Perhaps someone who does can add some insight. I'm guessing the cameras outside the Pentagon were primarily designed to spot suspicous activity out its walls. Is it reasonable to expect these cameras would have been able to capture usable video of something traveling 550 MPH?

Zod

EDIT: for what it's worth, I posted this before I saw NAD's post.

General Zod said:
I don't know shit about cameras. Perhaps someone who does can add some insight. I'm guessing the cameras outside the Pentagon were primarily designed to spot suspicous activity out its walls. Is it reasonable to expect these cameras would have been able to capture usable video of something traveling 550 MPH?

Zod

EDIT: for what it's worth, I posted this before I saw NAD's post.

i don't know ... this is DC we are talking about ... crawling with cameras.

shit, did we ever even get an eyewitness account of this? I am sure people were on the street ...

"there be this big fucken plane ... and it was right over my head"

Zod makes valid points, but there still isn't enough evidence in EITHER direction. And yeah, as Zod pointed out, the cameras are there to spot riff-raff outside hte walls. Not a plane ZOOMING at it.

Most of the video footage would be like "OMG BLUR BOOOM" of the plane, i mean, wave your hand in front of your fast really fast, it kinda blurs. Now do it 500 times as fast as that, and well. yeah.

whatever. I'm with NAD. I'll take 3 of them zod.

General Zod said:
Because the plane would have only been at ground level for a second or two, before impact.

Why would any camera, other than those operated by the Pentagon, be pointed at the Pentagon?

We're talking between 8am and 9am in Washington DC. There isn't a SINGLE tourist on the street with a camera? Imagine it, a Boeing 757 is flying down from the sky at 500mph -- first of all, imagine the NOISE it would make as it plummeted towards the ground. You would hear it from a mile away. Nobody looks up? Not a soul on the ground looks up to see a plane coming towards the ground and then runs for cover? Not a single car veers off the road? Nobody panics? Nobody runs? Not a single japanese tourst with a disposable kodak takes a single snap of an aeroplane plunging out of the sky?

Secondly, it swoops down, and flies along the ground (without touching the ground mind you, amazing eh?) and leaves not a wing, wheel, or in flight recorder. We have inflight recorders of the other 3 planes, why not this one I wonder?

OK so no gas station is going to have a zoom lens pointed at the pentagon front door step. How about the pentagon itself. Not a SINGLE camera on its roof or in the lobby? This isn't a Kansas highway McDonalds we're talking about, we're talking about the frickin' Pentagon in downtown DC.

This is the one tidbit I’ve heard conspiracy theorists note ad nausea. [StartTommyChongLikeVoice]Hey man, why would Big Brother come in and round up all the video footage?[EndTommyChongLikeVoice] Evidence gathering. If cops show up at a murder scene, and there were surveillance cameras in use in the area, I would expect them to collect and review the tapes.

That's great. Honestly, I'll be the first one to say "hooray" when they show me the evidence of a Boeing 757, flying down from the sky, and hitting the side of the Pentagon, one of the most guarded places in the world.

In the meantime, I'm going to file this dossier away next to the one containing all those locations of WMD's in downtown Baghdad.

I believe in things when I see them. Right now I aint seeing shit.

i drive by the runway of the LaGuardia airport daily ... I mean literally the runway starts at the edge of the highway ... and I see planes above my head often landing ... they are not going THAT fast at that point that nothing can capture them on camera ...

to stick a landing ... and aim for the runway ... its fucking skill (i took a flying lesson once, then kind of shit my pants) ... and this is with a Cessna ... aiming a Jumbo Jet at a building ... dead on ... hmmm

also there are always these scientific reenactments of crashes/disasters on the news, techy shows ... nobody ever bothered to do one of this miraculous aiming of a plane into a relatively flat building

Conspicuously Absent said:
maybe it wasn't a plane then. But somehow I doubt the government decided to shoot a missile at the pentagon. It wasn't the US imo.

I don't believe it was the US government for one second, but I'm seeing MUCH more evidence, including the damage on the side of the pentagon, to show this was a missile. Similar to what the Chechnyans use to take out Russian helicopters perhaps, although that would be ground-to-air missile...

Lizard would probably know this stuff better than me.

The BIGGEST question however is: If it wasn't a plane that hit the pentagon, then where the fuck is it?

By the way, surely this has all influenced the tv show, LOST.

Missing plane.

Dharma initiative logo looks like the Pentagon.

US military tests.

Cool shit. :kickass: