Did you buy the album?

And i bought the swedish edition too..
..the digibook concept is great, very original ;)

I pre-ordered the swedish edition from burningshed and refrained from downloading it before I got my original copy... in the end it made me hate fuckin' Royal Mail even more (and here I thought that wouldn't be possible anymore)... Why do they have to strike right around the release date?! -.-

It's topics like these that make me wish it was still like the late 80s to mid 90s when you couldn't just go download stuff for free. People like me who wanted to hear new music had to do actual research, read magazines, listen to underground radio stations, listen to sampler CDs, and go to CD stores to find new interesting bands. It wasn't all just a free click away.

The best "free" music some cheapsake could get were free sampler CDs or cassette tape dubs from friends who owned the CD. Now we have all these losers downloading music without spending a dime on it and acting like they're real music fans. :mad:

It's topics like these that make me wish it was still like the late 80s to mid 90s when you couldn't just go download stuff for free. People like me who wanted to hear new music had to do actual research, read magazines, listen to underground radio stations, listen to sampler CDs, and go to CD stores to find new interesting bands. It wasn't all just a free click away.

The best "free" music some cheapsake could get were free sampler CDs or cassette tape dubs from friends who owned the CD. Now we have all these losers downloading music without spending a dime on it and acting like they're real music fans. :mad:

It was a different atmosphere in the mid 90's, I got into metal by researching but also relied on "free" sources like college radio, samplers, mixed tapes, etc... and i bought tons of cd's and spent a lot of money

You're looking at this the wrong way, sure the internet is an easier tool but it also has the potental to reach more listeners...I wouldnt call people who download stuff "not real music fans" these are the same people that might buy merchandise or go to their shows, or even spread the message by word of mouth

i think no one would even dare to say that they have only downloaded it from isohunt.com or whatsoever and didnt or wont buy it. :)
I wouldn't be too sure about this. I think last time there were some who made it clear, that they *have* the album but won't buy it... o_O Guess more and more people don't care for their reputation for such things

It was a different atmosphere in the mid 90's, I got into metal by researching but also relied on "free" sources like college radio, samplers, mixed tapes, etc... and i bought tons of cd's and spent a lot of money

You're looking at this the wrong way, sure the internet is an easier tool but it also has the potental to reach more listeners...I wouldnt call people who download stuff "not real music fans" these are the same people that might buy merchandise or go to their shows, or even spread the message by word of mouth
Those were the days :) In the early 90's I relied almost exclusively on 2 older music friends of mine who had cd-players and bought cd's, I borrowed all their cd's and recorded them on cassettes, that way, by reading magazines and by listening to some radio shows is how I discovered new music. In '92 I bought my first stereo with a cd-player and started to buy cd's myself. Resulting in a collection of some 1200-1300 (original) cd's today :)

Today I download music as well, most new albums I download when they leak. Yet I ALWAYS buy them as soon as I can, and not rarely in more than one format.

I pre-ordered the swedish edition from burningshed and refrained from downloading it before I got my original copy... in the end it made me hate fuckin' Royal Mail even more (and here I thought that wouldn't be possible anymore)... Why do they have to strike right around the release date?! -.-

I did the same and got mine late thanks to the strikes. It was well worth the wait though.