Did you know...

I picked up a useful little piece of information the other day - to avoid getting headaches and straining your eyes while on the computer or watching TV do this : every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds . It's a pain in the ass but it works :)

did you know that ethidium bromide can cause serious mutations, because it aligns between your DNA and stretches the double helix so that it will eventually break apart from strain and form new, possibly dangerous, combinations?

:D

Did you know that DNA can adopt several different conformations (molecular structures), including the standard B-type helix, a wider and shorter A-type helix, and a narrower and longer Z-type helix which goes around the opposite way as the A- and B-types?

yeah, actually i did :p

did you know that if you want to sequence DNA data, you likely use the so-called "shotgun"-algorithm?

Yes, because it can sequence large DNA fragments and even entire genomes in a short time. :)

Did you know that, after Southern blotting was developed by Mr. Southern, so-called Northern blotting and Western blotting were developed by other people and the names were chosen as mockery?

yeah, and in each test they will ask you to explain eastern blotting as well, which is of course a fake question.

did you know that alcohol is such a popular drug because it can pass the brain blood border (roughly translated) and dock with four different kinds of receptors?

Malaclypse said:
yeah, and in each test they will ask you to explain eastern blotting as well, which is of course a fake question.

did you know that alcohol is such a popular drug because it can pass the brain blood border (roughly translated) and dock with four different kinds of receptors?

I didn't know so specifically, but it seems kinda obvious :kickass: