Dimmu Borgir fans?

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
Heh I told meself that prolly a big part of the Hypo's forum should also be fans of Dimmu, since Peter produced em and etc etc

I, for myself, am a big fan, even though I admit I mainly discovered them lately (the shame, I know...)

I knew about em of course but since Ive never been a HUGE fan of blackmetal, never really dug until lately and got like 7 albums at once and welll, Im overwhelmed litterally :kickass:

so, Dimmu fans, what are your personal fave albums/songs? Mine:

Albums:

Enthrone darkness triumphant
Spiritual black dimension
Stormblast
Puritanical...

tunes:

Blessings upon the throne of tyrrany
Entrance
The insight and the carthasis
Perfection or vanity
the mourning palace
Puritania
Dodsferd
abmaktslave
Sorgens Kammer
Arcane lifeforce mysteria
Grotesquery conceiled
The blazing monolith of defiance
in death's embrace
a subbus in rapture

I have yet to listen to death cult armageddon with a close ear cuz for some reasons the copy I have here sounds VERY bad :s, and just got the last album VERY recently so...

havent really listened to Dimmu in a few years, Enthrone Darkness Triumph was always my favourite album, along with For Al Tid & Stormblast.

Antikrist is a killer song.
Mourning Palace is a popular one
Spellbound (by the devil)
Kings Of The Karnival Creation is fucking cool
and also their Metal Heart cover, shits on Accept's version.

From what my mate played to me of the new album, it sounds pretty decent. There's to many other bands i'd rather listen to than dimmu i guess, such as Hypocrisy hah.

I really like this band. Never heard all their discography, but those three album I own are good samples of their music.
"Puritanical..." is on the first place, "Spiritual..." -- the second place, and "Death Cult..." -- the third place.
Recent times I understood that their main line with "satanic" ideology looks boring and far from our reality. When I read the discription of their latest album "In Sorte..." i decided that that's enough for me. So... I even didn't hear it.

Yeah i definitely think new album is their worst by far. My favorites gotta be Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Spiritual black dimensions, and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

But I should mention that DVD "World Mesanthropia" especially in limited edition is excellent stuff. I watch it every time with big pleasure.

i saw them live when they toured with katalkysm, was alot of fun.

the new album is meh, but i like EDT the most.

The only album I like is the "Stormblast Reissue." Everything else sounds the same. I also like they're newer shirts! Especially the one with the words "Religion Sickens Me" on the back! :lol: Good for a Sunday brunch I say! :headbang:

The only album I like is the "Stormblast Reissue." Everything else sounds the same. I also like they're newer shirts! Especially the one with the words "Religion Sickens Me" on the back! :lol: Good for a Sunday brunch I say! :headbang:

hahaha thats funny cause i have that shirt.

Misantropia really sounds much more agressive than the other albums, and the drum on it is by far the most impressive, the blastbeats kill on that one

I agree with you, Supernova. On my way PEM is the best stuff Dimmu have ever recorded. I even remember that this album was on chart's top over a few years. Yeah, the stuff is killing!