Dimmu Borgir

there are always the same discussions if Dimmu Borgir are real black metal or not...

I like Dimmu Borgir songs (it is also nice to see them play live, not such powerfull I think but a nice show)

but the best norwegian black metal band to me is IMMORTAL

Dimmu Borgir is the best Norwegian band in my opinion.

As far as the keyboard players, Stian and Mustis have different styles. I think Mustis has more ability to play the keyboards whereas Stian had more passion. I love both era's of Dimmu Borgir and I eagerly await Death Cult Armageddon (despite the name).

I really only enjoy the first three albums (haven't heard DCA yet), especially the first two. I'll agree with Oakenson on keyboardists...Mustis has more skill, but Stian has the passion (I never would have thought to say it like that)...Mustis' pieces are good to listen to, but I become absorbed in Stian's.

Dimmu borgir :
In general : Good band
Last album : Not really good/Boring (Stupid title !)
On Show : Very good if u compare to COF
Is it the best norvegian band : Certainly not, there many other that are/was good or more significant for music (Immortal, Theatre of tragedy, Burzum...)

The problem in metal music is that in general the fans hate the bands that are "popular" or have success...