Dimmu Burger

Originally posted by Morningrise
@Fjelltussa
I guess I am just angry because I have no friends really into this music :( I forgot that Dimmu played at the Norwegian grammies, I guess you could say that is pretty commercial.

Well, that's why they won, anyway. Because they are commercial, so ppl know who the you are, and those who decided who was to win, trusted in that. Only one of them, or so, knew anything about metal. Because of that, Borknagar and Emperor had no chance. DB won because they are successful - in other words, it's the money, not the music.

I do like Dimmu.. but i would agree that Borknagar or Emperor should have won.. Im not the best judge of this since I dont live over there, so i cant really understand what is and isnt popular.. but Borknagar and Emperor are both worlds ahead of most other bands in my opinion..

Well, commercial or not: I'd wish that a heavy metal band like DB played at some song contests here. We only get the typical useless mass or cheesy folk music. Also, not a single metal album ever makes it into the charts (unlike in Norway, I think).

Originally posted by Morgana
Well the German word Borkennager is great as well :D

Yeah, isn't it? So far, Borknagar seems to have the funniest meaning in German. But anyway, I find this name extremely cool, also because you can put question marks on other people's faces when you mention the name, providing they haven't heard of them before. "Borknagar - what's that?" :lol:

I wish I could draw well. Then I'd draw a little cartoon or caricture about the Borknagers. You know, these little furry animals with big teeth who live in the forests of Norway and gnaw away on bork trees. Supercuddly! ;)

Hey, so what about making little Borknager the official mascot for the band!?

Originally posted by Somber Soul
Well, commercial or not: I'd wish that a heavy metal band like DB played at some song contests here. We only get the typical useless mass or cheesy folk music. Also, not a single metal album ever makes it into the charts (unlike in Norway, I think).

Well, I guess, compared to how many ppl there are here at all, I guess the metal scene here is quite big...... But by all means, metal is rarely included in the charts here either. -But then, I hardly ever know what's there, and what's not. :D

That's great, you guys can act like five year olds and make plays on names. Dummy Burger? LOL. You can't be serious. How old are most of you in here anyway? Just because you don't like the band doesn't give you the excuse to come up with stupid names to call the band. You can diss on them all you want, just do be idiots and come up with stupid world plays.

Originally posted by Thorgrimm

Hey, relax man!
Sense of humor it's not a matter of age
Btw...at least Freddy Krueger doesn't excite me :p

Heh.. I suppose you could call it a sense of humor, I'd find it fun every now and then but you go into these chat rooms or message boards with everyone playing on Dimmu's name.. Dummy Burger, that sort of thing.. Thinking they're more " Hardcore " Than anyone else.. Just gets on my nerves man. :p

And hey, Freddy is your god. =D

Just for the record: We also played around with the name Borknagar. So no-one is privileged, not even the band this board belongs to. :lol: