Dimmu - Cradle wtf?!

Ugh, Cradle of Filth are just as bad or worse than Linkin Park and those other shit bands. Dimmu Borgir has some okay ideas, but the way they put it together is horrible (same with Cradle of Filth). Nothing wrong with their individual riffs and melodies, there's just no flow at all.

Stun said:
Ugh, Cradle of Filth are just as bad or worse than Linkin Park and those other shit bands. Dimmu Borgir has some okay ideas, but the way they put it together is horrible (same with Cradle of Filth). Nothing wrong with their individual riffs and melodies, there's just no flow at all.

Agreed but Enthrone Darkness Triumphent is a damned good cd. If they would have just stuck to that sound, id be a huge Dimmu fan.

In Death's embrace is undoubtdly one of the best songs I have ever heard, as well as Mourning Palace.

But as far as the other two cds go I really dislike them and they turn me off.

Nah i been skating for like 2.5 years and i hate hip hop :) i posted some video of my customised bodom deck a few months ago with HATE ME written in red all over the grip tape and COBHC on the bottom with your better off dead below it looks pretty fukin cool ;)

Thanx for the rep, Ernie :)
In fact I've got the "evil mickeymouse" thing from a magazine. The critic wrote that Dani's high-pitched vocals sound like Evil Mickeymouse. And I must say I agree! I also laughed my ass off the first time I read it...

Hey, I like Cradle Of Filth, They've got very good albums, although they're one of the worst bands I've seen live. Dusk And Her Embrace or Midian are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery good albums. But it does not mean that I don't like Dimmu Borgir, in fact, I do. But I have very few stuff. But... Marduk owns you all.

^^

Yogota said:
Well, in recent times the german Music Television Broadcasters like Viva and Viva+ (bad follow-up for the decayed and KICKASS Viva2 - all hail --|-- ;_; ) bring Metal Videos, including Dimmus "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse".. Viva does that at (iirc) Friday, 22.30-23.00 or so o_O Zarok knows more, for he's the man. XD
So true... :D Well, actually you already told everything.

But I can tell you about this Dimmu clip. It's a live clip, isn't it? It's from Dynamo 1998 and was aired in the Metal show of Viva (called Virus) at that time. They had a special about the festival and even showed other bands which are more underground. So it's nothing unusal. The best thing was in February 1998 when they showed the Deadnight Warrior video. And later that year in the Wacken special they showed Towards Dead End from the COB gig.

I get scared for the future of metal when ppl say stuff like "Midian is a masterpiece". I was so fucking disappointed with that album... start-to-fucking-finish it was this: "ARRRGGGH/whispers on the right speaker/ARGGGH/deep voice on the left speaker/(scarily super high-pitched squeal)/whispers on the left speaker/ARGGGH/etc/etc". There was variety, but they used the same techniques OVER AND OVER AND OVER... why don't bands like this actually try and make songs instead of randomly arranged riffs and melodies? I guess they're just too tr00...