Dirge for November love?

BrutalD

Jan 2, 2008
Under the Weeping Moon
I fuckin love it, but I've heard alot of people calling it one of their more neglected songs, while it's defo in my top 10 Opeth.

I think the reason most people don't like it (and the reason I disliked it at first) is the way it goes from the soft intro to the heavy section without any transition. I like that though now...

So, any more love for Dirge?

Grant me sleep, take me under
Like the wings of a dove, folding around
I fade into this tender care

Win.

Its odd for something that appeared to be very un loved, theres been a lot of conveyance of love for it recently. Are the deaf waking up and smelling the dirge?

I think people dont like it because they find it boring. I find it Opeth's most emotional song, every single thing about the song is just pouring with emotion. The growls are probably Mike's most emotional as well.

i used to listen to this song every day on the way to school.

i'm not sure why, but it makes me think of being a samurai and killing thousands and thousands of other soldiers on the battlefield.
then dying, and realizing that you're dead at the end.

the clean part at the end is so fucking good.

its been my favorite for years and years. i adore it.
If campaigning for dirges love was a ship, you so would be it's captain haha. Quite right though, it is a brilliant song. Not my favorite of bwp. But then again I pretty much can't pick one, its just one of those albums where a stand out track really can't be picked imo.

If campaigning for dirges love was a ship, you so would be it's captain haha. Quite right though, it is a brilliant song. Not my favorite of bwp. But then again I pretty much can't pick one, its just one of those albums where a stand out track really can't be picked imo.

whos the guy in your sig?

I love it very much. Very depressive song. So... autumnish!

BUT! Mike's clean singing is... bwah... awfully shit. I love him so much, but this parts makes me angry. Maybe he was cold that time.

what can i say.