Disappointing albums of 2018

Vamos

Oct 21, 2006
Which albums have disappointed you so far this year?

I think the new A Perfect Circle was awful and for what is worth the new Dimmu Borgir album was boring as well.

How about you?

New Primordial was pretty lame. Haven’t heard Ghost yet but from what I’ve been reading it might join my list as well.

I haven’t kept up with Primordial since The Gathering Wilderness. What’s so disappointing about their newest?

Also, do you recommend anything after The Gathering Wilderness?

Of course, To the Nameless Dead is a great piece. I also have to check out their latest album. But the two before it were acceptable as well.

Primordial haven't released anything truly great since The Gathering Wilderness so I wasn't really disappointed by the album quality wise. The disappointment with it is that there weren't more songs like "To Hell of the Hangman."

If Primordial decided to do an album of goth rock inspired songs like that it'd be fantastic (no coincidence that its the best song on the album.)

Almyrkvi's first full length was a bit disappointing. I really like their debut EP Pupil of the Searing Maelstrom, almost to the point of obsession, but Umbra was just nowhere near as good IMO.