dissapointed in seattle

cpt teabag

New Metal Member
Nov 23, 2005
I am the biggest fan I know of, I can play a lot of their songs and alexi is the reason I picked up my guitar again. I must say though I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in the show. There were like 500 people crammed into a small ass room and you couldnt see anything happening on stage. It was hot, there was NO circulation and by the time bodom got into the middle of their act I walked out (the only songs played before HCDR were SNBN, downfall, follow the reaper and bodom after midnight if i recall correctly). Combined with feeling like passing out, and being pissed because I expected to hear classic bodom songs but instead only new stuff. I mean, what happened to something wild? I saw the song lineup in other countries. We're not good enough for the old shit or you wanna spend time marketing your "new sound" to dumbass spoonfed metalheads in america? Thanks assholes. Favorite band = sellout. Fuckin Hooray. Didn't you see people moshing and going nuts for Silent night, Bodom night, but didn't really care so much about stuff off HCDR and AYDY? Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff, but making 80% of the shit you play live off the last two CDs REALLY pisses me off.

I don't want to be an asshole, but if you are looking forward to rocking out to classic bodom, this tour is not for you.

At least I still have Uematsu...

You should have asked before you went to the concert. When I went I check out what their setlist was going to be so I wouldn't be dissapointed (hence I wasn't expecting Bodom)

and DUDE, almost all bands are like that, they play mostly the NEW stuff and a little of the old. Except on special concerts or things of that matter. Otherwise they would get stuck on SW and Hatebreeder and the new stuff would never get promoted.

Also, a lot of the dissapointment comes from the venue I believe? then blame them! not Bodom! They have no control over that, I'm sure if you'd ask them they'd tell that they're dissapointed too....

okay deathpact, you're a moron.

wings, i considered that a possibility, but why then would they overpromote their new stuff in america, and everywhere else is a balanced mix? It couldnt be how i felt physically at the concert. The last time they came here i could barely walk or stand because of a disease i had, and It was the best concert ever.

Just to let you know, this is the Are You Dead Yet? tour, NOT the Hatebreeder tour. Of course they are going to play their new stuff, that's why they are on tour! They are promoting AYDY, NOT Hatebreeder. Some people just do not understand the concept of touring to premote the NEW album. :rolleyes:

let me repeat! I already factored in that they would promote new stuff like every other band, but they played a balanced mix of songs everywhere BUT america. if that isnt trying to rape the dollar, i dont know what is. (and if its a AYDY tour why the hell would they play so much off HCDR and not the others?)

cpt teabag said:
let me repeat! I already factored in that they would promote new stuff like every other band, but they played a balanced mix of songs everywhere BUT america. if that isnt trying to rape the dollar, i dont know what is. (and if its a AYDY tour why the hell would they play so much off HCDR and not the others?)

Eh. The setlist difference in Helsinki and States = Lake Bodom replaced with Bodom After Midnight/Bodom Beach Terror mix. OMG $ELLOUTZ. And the States set is exactly the same set they played in Japan + Punch Me I Bleed.

i saw bodom once at the graceland(el corazon, i actually call it el gracelando now) with iced earth, and it was pretty packed, but i got myself right up front and was squashed the whole show, but it was worth it... then i saw them at the showbox i think it was, when they toured with lame of god and fear faggotry, and i couldn't even get remotely close, i stood in the back of the main floor the whole time, but i had a clear view of everyone on stage and could probably hear better than the guys up front... but i decided not to go to this show, especially for the AYDY material they were going to play, but another reason was they went from a very large venue where everyone was getting into it, to a very small venue with a pole in the middle of the damn stage....

When a band puts out a new album, they play mostly songs from that album and not their older stuff. EVERY band does it, not just Bodom.

Another thing is, The older the song, the more times you've had to play it meaning you might get sick of it. I sure know I wouldn't want to play the same song for 10 years straight. If I were Ozzy I would shoot myself instead of singing Crazy Train.

First of all, El Corazon is a horrible venue for shows and they always oversell. Here's the reason:
They have somewhere between 300 and 400 capacity in their concert area. They have 2-300 capacity in their bar area.
This means they have between 500 and 700 tickets to sell (sorry about the shitty math, i don't know their exact numbers).
Since patrons are allowed to move freely (and i use move freely loosely in regards to El Corazon) between the bar and the concert area, that means that despite the technical capacity, there can be up to 500-700 people in a space ment for 400.

I hate el corazon. It gets too fucking hot. Studio 7 is the only seattle venue for metal shows. The layout is better, the sound is better, and the people who work there are much cooler. Fuck corazon. Boycott it. Bodom sealed for me that i am never going back to that venue if i can help it. After the upcoming Darkane show, fuck that place.

In the vancouver show I was really hoping that they would play touch like an angel of death.. but it didnt happen instead they played living dead beat ....:(
ans it was so fucking cramped except for the mosh pit which I enjoyed for 40 minutes :)

I have to admit I too was a bit disapointed they didn't play ONE SONG off of Something Wild, but still, it was an amazing show. I'm not a huge fan of AYDY, and thankfully for the SLC show they only played 3 songs off of it. they played quite a few off of Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper (their best two in my oppinion) and their stuff from HCDR wasn't bad, it was even better to hear it live. But as it was said above, this is an AYDY tour, what do you expect? if a band puts out a new album and goes on tour... you had better expect to hear the stuff off of the new album, not the old ones.

You're Ugly said:
Just to let you know, this is the Are You Dead Yet? tour, NOT the Hatebreeder tour. Of course they are going to play their new stuff, that's why they are on tour! They are promoting AYDY, NOT Hatebreeder. Some people just do not understand the concept of touring to premote the NEW album. :rolleyes:
\

hehe good one.

Well I am not on the "Bodom have totally sold out" boat but it is pretty clear that they will tailor a setlist to fit their audience. Most ticket buyers will be because of AYDY? ergo...they play those songs. It's really that simple. The points made about them being on the AYDY? tour are entirely justified-Thats the album their touring, so they should play songs from it. Since when could a band do a set-list that EVERYONE loved? Everyone always wants different stuff and folks always end up disappointed.

You cant make everyone happy and like i said before it is the AYDY? tour and they have to play to the audience who would mostly be newbies who wanted to hear AYDY? material. It was clear that would be the situation so quit whining. Furthermore, you chose to go to the venue to see the band, so quit whining on that count too.

And is it just me or does moshing get annoying? The Kids go crazy for it, but i'd rather have some beers and headbang my ass off and actually see the band rather than getting sweaty and bumped into by little cunt after little cunt.

Diatribe over.

Dude how are they sell outs for playing their new album? I dont see any reason to call them sell outs. Like someone said earlier, it is the Are You Dead Yet tour. If you were inlove with this new album would you be dissapointed if they just played the old stuff?