Do not talk to Matt Johnsen about old discs - It ends up costing you a lot of money.

On a related note, I heard that Matt Crooks of Fool's Game once peed in a hotel ice machine. Is this true? If so, why wasn't it in the National Enquirer? And if not, then why doesn't Snopes.com mention anything about it?

Oh man, I have some funny memories about the Ice Machine at the Artmore-Granada a few years back. It doesn't involve peeing in it though.

Sodom is good stuff. I haven't heard the early Diamond Head, or at least, not in a long enough time to remember it. Never listened to early Riot. Maybe I should.

for anyone who wants to "meet me" in the future so you too can name drop once being in the presence of "MATT FROM KILLWHITNEYDEAD" i will be working at Exploding Ned's merch tables this year. ;) i am not sure what time my signing session will be just yet but i will keep everyone updated when i find out. hahaha ;) yes, i am like this all the time. haha.

Now if only you met Pellaz's old roommate Tim, you'd see the center of the universe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

for anyone who wants to "meet me" in the future so you too can name drop once being in the presence of "MATT FROM KILLWHITNEYDEAD" i will be working at Exploding Ned's merch tables this year.

That's really cool...it was a pleasure meeting you at one of Hoyt's shows this past year.

This thread is beyond sad. While there may be no country for old men, there sure as hell is a website dedicated to them.

I suggest we next talk about the greatness of those 80's heavy metal mirrors, and perhaps how awesome it was to own a calculator watch and a walkman at the same time.
Btw nobody has said anything about Def Leppard in quite some time. What's wrong with you people!

I suggest we next talk about the greatness of those 80's heavy metal mirrors,

Those mirrors were so cool. While I was in NV. staying at Seventh Calling's Steve Handel house I saw a bunch of those mirrors he had. They were proudly downplayed on his wall as if they were classic works of art like Nascar collector plates. I tried to talk him in to letting me have them but no dice. He had; W.A.S.P, Kell, Crue, Ratt Dokken, Krokus, they were neat. The last time I had seen ont of these Earache sent out a promotional 'Ethereal Mirror' when the Cathedral album came out in the 90s.
Oh I got to name drop in there, but it did not make me feel as cool as when I can drop Matt's name, Matt Tribunal that is.:loco:

Those mirrors were so cool. While I was in NV. staying at Seventh Calling's Steve Handel house I saw a bunch of those mirrors he had. They were proudly downplayed on his wall as if they were classic works of art like Nascar collector plates. I tried to talk him in to letting me have them but no dice. He had; W.A.S.P, Kell, Crue, Ratt Dokken, Krokus, they were neat. The last time I had seen ont of these Earache sent out a promotional 'Ethereal Mirror' when the Cathedral album came out in the 90s.
Oh I got to name drop in there, but it did not make me feel as cool as when I can drop Matt's name, Matt Tribunal that is.:loco:

We need to bring those mirrors back. My man cave requires a Dokken mirror!

I have not personally been a fan of the new Riot and Fire Down Under was hands down my favorite release. IMO Restless Breed was a close second. Thundersteel was an outstanding release as well. If you can find it they released an obscure Live Album that was really good as well.

Anothe NWOBHM band that had some great songs was Demon - Don't Break The Circle was a classic release.

I have not personally been a fan of the new Riot and Fire Down Under was hands down my favorite release. IMO Restless Breed was a close second. Thundersteel was an outstanding release as well. If you can find it they released an obscure Live Album that was really good as well.

Anothe NWOBHM band that had some great songs was Demon - Don't Break The Circle was a classic release.

Demon F$%KIN RULE:headbang:
Now there is a good choice for Progpower, they have been around a long time, good songs, nice varity from metal to AOR. Cannot go wrong with Demon or say enough good stuff about them.

Demon F$%KIN RULE:headbang:
Now there is a good choice for Progpower, they have been around a long time, good songs, nice varity from metal to AOR. Cannot go wrong with Demon or say enough good stuff about them.

Absolutely. They're the only band that can go from Angel Witch to Marillion to Foreigner styles in the span of 5 albums and still sound authentic.