Do the members of Symphony X have day jobs still?

If u wanna be in a band dont get married man .Imagine this , u have to pay 1000$ a month just for the annoying kids dipers.And,also your wife will bitch the shit out of u for not bringing enough money to the house.

Being a musician myself this is always a topic that interests me. I think one of the big factors is that Symphony X aren't a hard touring band. The bands who tend to reap the rewards are the bands who tour extensively like Nevermore, who recently said they've been able to quit their day jobs. Dream Theater do very well and are always on the road and tour everywhere. I've even heard of more obscure bands than SX being able to make a living off their music, but it also comes down to whether you have to support a family or just yourself. I'm pretty sure most of the guys in Symphony X weren't real young when they started the band and were probably well on their way to starting families so that probably closed alot of doors as far as hard out constant touring goes.

MJR is the one band member who focuses pretty much on SymX, as well as doing other random projects for friends & fellow musicians (like helping with production, or playing solos on other artists' cds and the like).

Velocity said:
I believe Daniel Gildenlöw and rest of the PoS members also have to work beside the music! It's a shame!

Daniel said in a semi-recent interview that all of the guys except him have day jobs. He just recently got to the point where he could focus on music, between TFK + PoS that is. I don't know if thats changed since he doesn't seem to be in TFK anymore afaik.

Kenneth R. said:
Russ was in Medieval Times at some point :lol:

You know what's even weirder...when I was little I went to Medieval Times in Jersey, and I may be totally making this up and believing it, but I THINK he was performing there at the time. The year would've been right, anyway...1994 or 1995 or something like that. I had no idea about Symphony X then and mistakenly still thought all metal was evil...hey, I was little! ;)

Rose Immortal said:
You know what's even weirder...when I was little I went to Medieval Times in Jersey, and I may be totally making this up and believing it, but I THINK he was performing there at the time. The year would've been right, anyway...1994 or 1995 or something like that. I had no idea about Symphony X then and mistakenly still thought all metal was evil...hey, I was little! ;)

METAL IS EVIL:headbang:

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was raised to believe too...
"ALL metal or Rock and Roll music is of the Devil":Smug:
I guess I wanted to rebel, but come to find out it really was just another form of music.. and my fav. of course..lol;)