Do themes such as Satanism or Anti-Christianity Affect Your Metal Preferences?

I believe there is ample evidence for God's existence in science, nature and history, though it won't ever be enough to prove His existence to the doubting masses. Ask yourself what kind of evidence it would take for you to believe in God. Odds are that you'd only be happy with some kind of overwhelming revelation that would eliminate the need for faith.

I'd be happy with any indication that if he existed that he wasn't a blind, thrashing god with little or no care for the individual suffering of humans.

30% of all pregnant women in South Africa have AIDS. I'm no hippy, but fuck, any God that allows that to happen can rim my well polished ring piece.

30% of all pregnant women in South Africa have AIDS. I'm no hippy, but fuck, any God that allows that to happen can rim my well polished ring piece.

You ever heard of SIN? Or Satan? Or the fact that there are other places that suffer problems than South Africa (like the REST of Africa, perhaps?). You ever think that perhaps God has a larger plan that doesn't guarantee our own satisfaction? Why do so many young children suffer from cancer? Who knows, but we are no place to question it.

It's like ants complaining about humans. "If God allowed all those enormous fucking beasts to come in and industrialize our world, then God must be a real fucktard." Does this make sense to you? No, because it's the way of life.

You ever heard of SIN? Or Satan? Or the fact that there are other places that suffer problems than South Africa (like the REST of Africa, perhaps?). You ever think that perhaps God has a larger plan that doesn't guarantee our own satisfaction? Why do so many young children suffer from cancer? Who knows, 1 ) but we are no place to question it.

It's like ants complaining about humans. "If God allowed all those enormous fucking beasts to come in and industrialize our world, then God must be a real fucktard." 2 ) Does this make sense to you? No, because it's the way of life.

1) I AM in a place to question it, thanks to the wonder of the mind, and of reason. Sin ? What of the woman who marries a man who has contracted AIDS prior to marriage, and has never slept with another man? Who then contracts AIDS ? Well, then I guess it's time to wheel out the "God moves in mysterious ways" excuse and tell us it's all part of his great, mysterious plan. What a load of utter shit. Having seen the aftermath of a 26 year old blow off his own face with a 12 guage this week (in front of his 4 under 10 yr old kids), I can state with a fair amount of confidence that if the psychological damage this caused was all part of his plan, you'd best sign me up for the horned one. If THIS life is any kind of guage of the power of God, then all I can say is "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven".

2) Yes, it makes perfect sense to me, thanks.

"Life's a bitch, and then you die." It's true, but you can either choose to enjoy what good things you have or bitch about all the shit that happens and take everything for granted. Yeah, shit happens, but you can't look at it from a selfish, one-sided point of view. God may use your pain to help others and perhaps even help yourself.

Having seen the aftermath of a 26 year old blow off his own face with a 12 guage this week (in front of his 4 under 10 yr old kids), I can state with a fair amount of confidence that if the psychological damage this caused was all part of his plan, you'd best sign me up for the horned one. If THIS life is any kind of guage of the power of God, then all I can say is "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven".

Fuck, people are so damned selfish it makes me wish you had to get an "I'm not too fucking stupid to have children" lisence

"Life's a bitch, and then you die." It's true, but you can either choose to enjoy what good things you have or bitch about all the shit that happens and take everything for granted. Yeah, shit happens, but you can't look at it from a selfish, one-sided point of view. God may use your pain to help others and perhaps even help yourself.

Which is written entirely from the viewpoint of someone who has a life that can be enjoyed. Now try again, with the viewpoint of being born as an AIDS baby in a ghetto without clean, running water or electricity.

Jesus, you're bitching ? Shut up! God's using your suffering to warn others! Be thankful! :rolleyes:

You don't have to look to foreign countries to see thousands upon thousands of children raised in despicable conditions by mentally unstable, possibly abusive and drug-addicted parents. (And if you're lucky they'll be Christian too!)

I for one believe that it is sick to teach children religion at an age when they are too young to know to question it. Why not teach world religions from a young age in school and allow children to choose for themselves at what ever age we deem reasonable? beyond some point, a belief isn't even a belief if its ingrained from infancy so that we don't even hold it up to scrutiny. why is the burden on the child to struggle free of his parents' trickery?

Do you believe in an absentee landlord ? The freewill argument works great for ills borne by people who have chosen the wrong path; it works rather less well for ills borne by newly borns who have the sole problem of being conceived through *ahem* original sin

People allow that to happen. As much as I don't believe in god aids is something that majority of people deserve for not being responsible, aids is not the samething as good people getting cancer and dying.

People allow that to happen. As much as I don't believe in god aids is something that majority of people deserve for not being responsible, aids is not the samething as good people getting cancer and dying.

Yeah, like good AIDS and bad AIDS, ryt ? :rolleyes:

If God is all powerful and all benevolent, why does he make life a bitch? Why doesn't he make it perfect?

Have you ever heard of HUMANS ARE THE CAUSE OF THE AIDS EPIDEMIC THROUGH THEIR OWN ILL NATURED HABITS AND THERE DISREGARD APPARANTLY FOR THEIR OWN HEALTH AND LACK OF RESTRAINT. ALSO, IN REGARDS TO BABY'S BEING BORN WITH AIDS, THIS PROBLEM IS DUE TO THE LACK OF HUMAN'S CARE FOR THEIR OWN CHILDREN AND ALSO THE RECKLESSNESS AND NEGLECT WHICH IS CAUSED BY ANYONE BEING ABLE TO HAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS WITH NOONE KEEPING CONTROL OVER THE BIRTH RATE, AND ADULTS NOT HAVING ANY OF RESPONSIBILITY. I wonder how any person of a certain age can have as many kids as they want regardless of their ability to care for them or even themselves but than when someone gets sick, or dies in a war, or dies from their own reckless behavior than it is someone elses fault or something, which is ridiculous.

No, actually I was saying that it's the adults fault. Apparently people don't understand the logic of someone having responsibility over their own children. Maybe some people should not be able to have kids, or rather that they shouldn't wonder why there is so much death when they are creating lives which they are not able to care for without any fore-thought