Do themes such as Satanism or Anti-Christianity Affect Your Metal Preferences?

If God made everything, who made God? Hmm??

Anyway, Hatebreed totally has a song called "Kill the my pals". They usually only play it live, and then if there's no black people there. They swear everybody to secrecy. But my shirt shrank weird, so I'm letting the cat out of the bag....

Multi-part question here.

-What are your views on the above topics in metal? For me, if the music is good I'm good. But sometimes It gets a little too extreme for me, with bands like Dark Funeral, whose music I can listen too.

-Also, do you listen to metal for those things? Alot of extreme metalheads listen to Satanism for the message.

-Lastly, if you do not believe in organized religon or God, what are your views on the matter?
I really don't pay too much attention to lyrics. Good metal is good metal, regardless of what message they may be trying to convey.- as long as they're not being overly preachy, ala Stryper.

jesus-on-mars.jpg

Multi-part question here.

-What are your views on the above topics in metal? For me, if the music is good I'm good. But sometimes It gets a little too extreme for me, with bands like Dark Funeral, whose music I can listen too.

-Also, do you listen to metal for those things? Alot of extreme metalheads listen to Satanism for the message.

-Lastly, if you do not believe in organized religon or God, what are your views on the matter?

1. I don't give a shit. Metal is fine. If the lyrics are anti Christian or Satanic, it doesn't change a thing. But if the music sounds like shit, I won't listen. No topic is too extreme. That's for hippies.

2. I don't listen to metal for the anti-Christian or Satanic themes or imagery. I just so happen to enjoy a lot of bands that base their material around those topics.

3. I don't believe in religion, and I don't necessarily believe in God as he or she is portrayed - I've been given no reason to either believe or deny that I give a shit about - but I'd still listen to metal. I know some guys who won't listen to anything where the guitars are downtuned, because it sounds like evil - and one guy I know, who doesn't believe either way, couldn't read the lyrics to Scars of the Crucufix when I tried to show them to him for a laugh - because he saw the cover, and claimed, "Nah man, I haven't been exposed to this shit". Plus, Glen Benton can get fucked.

If God made everything, who made God? Hmm??

Anyway, Hatebreed totally has a song called "Kill the my pals". They usually only play it live, and then if there's no black people there. They swear everybody to secrecy. But my shirt shrank weird, so I'm letting the cat out of the bag....

Ha, fuck yeah, I was right! FUCK YEAH! Now, for all of you that flamed me:

fu.jpg

Yeah, and about As I Lay Dying being Christian, that was a genuine error on my part. I thought that in the song "The Darkest Nights" the dude said "Jesus...will carry me... through the darkest nights", but I looked up the lyrics, and it's actually "these thoughts...will carry me...through the darkest nights". So yeah, error.

Error correction courtesy of: Dark Lyrics - metal lyrics archive

this thread should've died long time ago, let it go.

old as father time, but fucken hilarious..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they do. I can only tolerate stuff like Mercyful Fate.

I listen to metal for a lot of reasons. I DO NOT listen to metal that dogs my religion.