Do you believe in God (or a 'higher power'?)

Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
The percentage of educated, otherwise intelligent people who believe in God is astonishing. How can this be, in the year 2004? Something like 95% of Americans believe in the existence (and continued presence) of God... so it isn't just the toothless, Bible-thumbing twats in Alabama!

Everything has a scientific basis. Everything can be explained in scientific terms, regardless of the fact that man cannot explain everything so---yet. How foolish of you, little believer, to think that since YOU can't explain everything in scientific (i.e. non-sentient, with no 'intelligence' or 'mind' guiding everything) terms, that everything CAN'T be explained in scientific terms! :hotjump:

So-called pagan faiths are almost as pathetic and harmful as, say, Christianity... no, more so, because practitioners of Wicca and so on had the good sense to reject dogma-based organised religion... and THEN headed straight BACK to another form of supernatural mumbo-jumbo. "Witches" may have denied the trappings of the Church, but what they're doing now is equally absurd.

Atheism is the ONLY truth. Anyone peddling anything else needs to be fitted for a straightjacket immediately.

I'd be thrilled and infuriated, by turns, if anyone here claims to believe in ghosts or that we all have souls...
:guh:

I feel the same...and then there's Hinduism which rejects Darwinism and completely ridicules it, it's quite funny. Im strongly against religion, it has swallowed up so much of the world at this point...it'll take something huge to open people's eyes.

I'm an atheist, christened as a protestant baby. But why should I get pissed off by those people who believe in god? Atheism is just another way to interpret the world, "the ONLY truth", bahh.

Lord_Of_This_World said:
I believe in a thing called love.
darkness2.jpg
:lol:

I have no problem with believing in god
this world is so fucking crazy and wicked so there must be a reason why...
atheism is just another way for not taking responsability for our lives

anyway: lord of this world:
serotonal sounds really great just checked out and Im very pleased with what I hear
good job

don has caught the divinely inspired correct yet again

" There are many paths leading to the top of Mount Fuji, but there is only one summit - love. "

:worship:

I just realized God never had a mother :( Who is the mother of God, let alone his godmother, who christened the baby god, who bought him a rocking ponny for Christmas, who cleaned his forehead when he was having nightmares about ghosts and the Buddha, who wiped his nose when he ran into the house with dirty knees after playing with other godkids, who brought him milk and honey and told him bedtime stories of heroes and witches to cope with the evil of the world? Poor Goddie :cry: