Do you believe in God (or a 'higher power'?)

me, I don't really have an own opinion about this... I have no problem with religion, only with that when ppl want to force their opinions into me, unfortunately I happened to meet ppl like this once or twice (eg my ex philosophy teacher from high school :yuk: ) and well, those times I really become angry. those who are believers and know me also know they should not talk to me about it in this way, for I don't like it. I know christians, buddhists too (ehhe and satanists :) ) but none of them could really have an effect on me and I feel ok like this. I can't have a strong opinion on every single thing, that would be scary... and I don't feel less than them. like here is my sister, she's a great example - for me. noone forced christianity on her (my parents always told me they had enough of it when they were children and brought us up without almost any religious act), she just somehow happened to be interested in it and found her friends there and she's quite happy with it, and I'm happy when I see her coming home with that smiley face :) so I think if it is what comes with believing in some higher power that it is great that they do it, but I am ok without it. again, I don't know whether some kind of higher power exists or not, but now I feel like I can 'produce' that happy face without that. and I am a bit like 'what I see is only what I believe' type.
hm, when I was younger I used to have stronger and much worse opinion on this, thankfully I realised it is nonsense to be somehow 'angry' with someone who maybe doesn't exist, and if yes than it's even worse to be angry with him (her?)

nomana-nuniyan said:
Most atheists would say the exact opposite, that believing in a god is not taking responsibility for our lives, which I believe is true for some religious practices but not all.

well I know a lot of people who are baptized(which means nothing) but dont believe in god, they pretend to be christians on the paper but are atheists, they have no belief or faith in nothing, they just live or exist
If you look at most of these christians called people
in their heart is no faith or god but they hope somewehre in an corner deep inside themself that if this godthing is real what they learned as a child.
they change their belief always and believe in nothing.
they dont take the responsability for their live or soul.
I mean YES or NO and nothing in between

if someone takes the decision for himself to say I AM AN ATHEISTIC BELIEVER, well this an act of responsability but most people dont do that.
if you decide not no belive in something and live truly with this decision, thats ok.then you take responsibility.for your life and death
thats what I wanted to say with my post

Allan said:
So, had it only been reasonable and good no way there'd be a reason why?

I dont know wheres the reason or why
I have no idea for what is my life for and what I am doing here on this planet
its full of shit and cancer idiot hearts.
But I hope somewhere god has an idea for what is this all. I dont understand or know his will or plans but knowing that theres somekind of truth or reason
gives me some kind of power to wake up each morning and to find out whats the reason of my life.
dont know it yet

Once I've been callin me an "atheist" also, by the time when I was fightin the divinity for its non-action in regards to my life. Later, I've discovered that free will (which you are tempted to call "crap stuff") it really works. It depends on your way of perception. Being an atheist, I would say is twice harder than being a "politically correct" christian (the one who sistematically goes to the chuch and makes its prayers). and I can almost hear you askin: Why?! well, because, au contraire, in the same time the atheist has to deny the existance of a higher spirit (the HIGHEST) and to fight against his own spirit (though he/she does it in an unconscious way).
Remember only this: there is no evil in this world, but only the fading spirit into your soul and mind (aka god- for christians...etc.)
feel free to ask any questions, if there are any, at ametist_ro@yahoo.com