Do you or do you not? modern question...die by the sword

LifeDepraved

My soul got a crack
Sep 9, 2002
Phoenix AZ
How many of you buy music??? I'm not talking about mp3 crap either...physical releases...

And do you have a stereo system, or prefer to listen on inferior little computer speakers?

I buy CDs regularly. My computer is hooked to a stereo system but I vastly more enjoy abusing father's stereo when I'm at home every few months. *g*

i sure do.
nowadays i mostly buy vinyls but i buy cds as well. occasionally i also buy tapes (demos, mostly).
i do have a stereo system but i have neighbours too so i can’t use it just whenever i want to.
when i listen to something on computer i do it almost exclusively with (good) headphones.

Buy CD's, yep; in my car main place listen to music. Recently got an mp3 player. DO buy as well; MP3s - depends on band

Buy one CD a week, play it on stereo/computer/in car. I love opening a new cd, looking through the booklet and just discovering it completely.

honestly i stopped buying cds, because i found i would rip them to my computer and then never play them again haha. but for albums i really like i tend to buy the vinyl release of the album. i think good musicians deserve to be compensated for steller music.

i have an old setup for my record player, optonica record player/amp, realistic equalizer and these nice old marantz speakers. i think my dad paid like 2000$ for them like........30 years ago :lol:. the amp is shit now and needs to be cleaned, but the rest of it is top quality still.
i listen to my ipod for day to day listening. got some decent 40$ panasonic headphones and some good large sony ones too.

I usually rip CDs and play them via my computer too.. but I just like owning CDs, having a look tghrough the booklet, that kinda stuff. That's just nice to have, really.

I mostly buy cds, vinyl only from time to time. I listen to everything on my 160 gb iPod since I can listen to it anywhere (home/work/traveling).

Physical media is still king in my book. However I'm not a "collector nerd" that needs fifty version of the same record, so standard CDs are fine by me. I've come to the point where I like to listen first before making a purchase, which is the bright side of the internet. Tool is probably the only band I'd go out and blindly buy their record without hearing it first.

I almost always have music playing when I have the chance. A lot of the time it's through my comp, but for serious listens I use my in ear monitors as they have great separation and even response for replicating the actual mixes of records.

Only band I really have duplicates of are from Katatonia or if I like a bands album so much I'll get a vinyl version for home and cd for on the go.

It absolutely depends on the band. If the music means something to me and the band is important to me I buy their CDs. It's different than buying mp3s... something still feels kinda cheap about that. There's something special about having the physical CD.

I buy cd's regularly and listen to them mostly on headphones linked to my Macbook Pro, 'cause I don't have good speakers at home. Besides that I buy a whole lot on iTunes too. Usually when looking for specific songs without having to go through the trouble of buying the whole cd and ripping that one song I want

I buy cd's regularly and listen to them mostly on headphones linked to my Macbook Pro, 'cause I don't have good speakers at home. Besides that I buy a whole lot on iTunes too. Usually when looking for specific songs without having to go through the trouble of buying the whole cd and ripping that one song I want

I actually found this bright pink (!) speaker system that works quite well, and it's hooked up to my Macbook Pro as well. It provides for a much better listening experience than headphones.