Do you think In Flames will ever become as good as they used to be?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
I absolutely love Everything Pre-R2R, although I truly do like a few songs off of their new albums, but they aren't good.

Why can't they innovate with the amazingness that they used to have? Shit, they can still change and make great music. It's not happening anymore. Why?

They're too far gone to be as great as they once were.

Anders' vocal style is way too different now, and the band just seems to be concentrating on whatever is in right now, and whatever is catchy. They haven't been a melodic death metal band in many, many years.

Look at Dark Tranquillity and then look at In Flames. DT has stayed true to their roots, and keep putting out quality records. But even when they did experiment, it was still good. In Flames try and experiment and it's fucking terrible. I HOPE they write another album like their old runes, but I just don't see it happening.

In my eyes, the last 3 albums have been decent for what they are, but it's not what In Flames should be.

For me the best album was Subterranean and Jester Race... I don't like very much R2R and Come Clarity :( Anders growl isn't good as in the past , and there aren't brutal heavy riffs & solos anymore :( I keep hope they make a new album like the old ones but it's just a dream...

I agree, The new albums arent awful, like people say they are but there not true to the in flames sound....they should stop experimenting and go back to being the band they were, that everyone was in love with.

New In Flames has much better, more catchy song writing instead of constant harmonies, boring, meaningless and haughty lyrics, and random riffs. Who really wants them to keep releasing TJR and Whoracle over and over. They'd be boring.

That's oxymoronic. What's shitty about the new stuff anyway? It's catchy, has good musicianship, and it's up beat. It's just fun in general. I think R2R and STYE are their two best albums hands down. And I've been listening to them since around the time Colony was released, so it's not like I'm just some new fanboy.

They're still pretty good at what they do, specialy STYE it's an amazing album maybe R2R and CC aren't that good but they show a nice idea of what they want to achieve.

And no I don't think they want to put another album like the old ones because people grow up. You know during the nineties I was hoping for megadeth to do another rust in peace but no, that didn't happen, people grow up and want to do different things.

Seriously. Nuclear Blast has reissued all of IF's old material. Why doesn't everyone just buy the new versions and pretend it's an entirely new album? That's basically what they want anyway.

The new stuff i agree is upbeat and catchy....I don't hate it, Actually like it ALOT. It sure beats the hell out of the last 3 soilwork albums...Sworn to a great divide trys to do what Come Clarity does but fails...in flames brought back old elements with new and now soilwork tried it and To me its freking WEAK.

Come CLarity was good and better than Stabbing the Drama, but Sworn To A Great Divide sounds incredibly better that n Come Clarity. To me anyway. Of course we have never really agreed on any topic. Lol/

A great example of a band that stagnated long ago is Dark Tranquillity. I don't see how anyone can continue listening to them. Everything they release is so predictable and backwashed. In Flames could have been the same story.

I agree with Black Tears....The last 2 Dt albums are the same exact album, who the F can listen to Fiction without laughing...they get so boring...I loved dt but I never listen to them anymore. In Flames at least took chances and it worked...of course alot of people don't like them. but they write good catchy songs...dt have an elite metal fanbase..kult almost noone else likes them unless your into metal..In Flames have so many diff fans which i think is cool, I mean my ex g/f used to like in flames which made me happy, old and new also..but she hated dt...idn

And yeah man we never agree haha but to me Soilwork try to hard now, listen to most of those chorues on Sworn, they're all like awkward and not catchy...name an in flames chorus that isn't catchy.

I wonder how the band feels to see people talking about them like this on their own forum. I agree with everything that's been said, but that's beyond the point. My favorite album is Whoracle...and I'd love to hear something like that again. It's got to be frustrating to read this on your own forum though...

Honestly, Soilwork was all hype, they can't write good albums anymore wtf happened to them? Nothing can even touch APP,NBC or TCM.

Darkest Hour are better then all of these washed up Swedish bands these days.....Listen to Deliver Us, its better then almost every album released thsi year if your into this sorta thing, its great swedish worshipped metal but done better then most.

Solos are godly..Devin did a good job with this band.Just like he did on NBC