Do you think In Flames will ever become as good as they used to be?

This is always the same thread everywhere, before it was better etc etc... :)

Maybe people who think this way will change one day too :D viva la revolution !

That's oxymoronic. What's shitty about the new stuff anyway? It's catchy, has good musicianship, and it's up beat. It's just fun in general. I think R2R and STYE are their two best albums hands down. And I've been listening to them since around the time Colony was released, so it's not like I'm just some new fanboy.

that is just so incredibly strange to me.

soilwork has always been second rate and dark tranquility have indeed stagnated - the past 10 years have been boring from them. Their only really quality album is Haven, anyways.

Listen, they're obviously are two kinds of IF fans: the ones who like catchy choruses and jump up and down metal which is the majority of the newer fans, and the older fans who like the melodies to be in the guitars and not the vocals. it is possible to still have powerful vocal harmonies with more technical, riff oriented guitar work -look at colony and whoracle. they should have kept the melodies in the guitars and not transferred them to the big choruses and shit.

fuck it either way. listen to kalmah for some melodic death metal that kicks ass. or just listen to nevermore for the best metal out there. or, go listen to bal sagoth and just be amazed at the most atmospheric music in metal.

Except Kalmah and Norther sound totally different. They might of sounded similar in the early days but now I think all 3 bands are WAY different.

Kalmah is boring as hell. The Black Waltz was a failure. I heard the little teasers from the most recent In Flames studio episode...sounds frighteningly similar to Come Clarity--I was hoping they'd switch it up a bit again.

haha kalmah is boring? but post clayman era in flames isnt....ooooook

and kalmah destroy cob and norther combined. much stronger song writing, riffs? please. kalmah are amongst the best riff writers in metal period. and those awesome guitar melodies woven beautifully dont really get old.

np kalmah- bird of ill omen

That's oxymoronic. What's shitty about the new stuff anyway? It's catchy, has good musicianship, and it's up beat. It's just fun in general. I think R2R and STYE are their two best albums hands down. And I've been listening to them since around the time Colony was released, so it's not like I'm just some new fanboy.

I think for a lot of us it is simply the horrible vocal style Anders is now using... add in his old growl and it would sound 20 times better... that high pitch screaming is just awful...

And yeah man we never agree haha but to me Soilwork try to hard now, listen to most of those chorues on Sworn, they're all like awkward and not catchy...name an in flames chorus that isn't catchy.

i like both soilwork and in flames, bjorn has a really good voice, it may not be as soulful or catchy as anders crooning but he is a far better singer and as far as a not catchy in flames chorus try every song after cloud connected on reroute to remain, it's fucking terrible, that album didn't do it for me, i think they did much better with stye