Do you think we are forever?(copied)

nope, i am the result and purpose of evolution, my presence here shows the completion of this great process and so now theres no point continuing. I will continue to grow until i cheat death and eventually become a god, humanity will then be pointless and therefore cease to exist.

at which point ill probably get bored and decide to create a new universe to have some fun with, and create a bunch of new little people to try and guess that i exist and see how long it takes them.

:confused:

I think the question is irrelevant. Yeah, it's sometimes intriguing to think of such things but it is still irrelevant. We are going to be here for my lifetime (unless someone fucks up big time) and what comes after me doesn't affect me.

After the death of Chuck, I hope there is a better place that we got to after this lifetime. I hope he is in a peaceful place, amoungst the vacant planets in the cosmic sea...

In terms of what lives "forever":

body - no
legacy - it all depends on what you leave behind

I think you have to believe in re-incarnation to believe that you live forever.

And from the human race standpoint - just like Mindflesh said - at some future time, humans will be extinct.

The answer is of course no. How can anything last eternally ? Even if something would last for one million years, the distorting chaos of the universe would not allow it to last forever.

energy lasts forever, it may change form but it can neither be created nor destroyed, and we are energy beings therefore we are forever :p i do believe in spirits/souls and i do believe after we retain some sort of consciouness after we die though perhaps not memories and the such, but i do believe we are sentient and can exist forever, i dont think of time as a continuous straight line anyway...

Funny I discussed that with me friend 3 yrs ago.

No. we're not so go out nd live HEDONistically. Another song I've discussed at length...