Do you think we're forever?

Do you think we're forever?

• Total voters
My colleague told me when her brother accidentally shot himself in the head and was in coma in the hospital, she was praying for him and then she saw a fucking big white light and she felt weird and then they told her later that was the moment when he died.

AFAIK in (some) Buddhist religions karma and this betterment to nirvana thing is not a moral question and has nothing to do with Good or Bad. Its how things work. Karma is a kind of desire, a drive - a set of wishes that makes one piece of the Spirit be an individual soul, a john doe or whoever. Hence its the Ego that wants or "must" do and fulfil these, and Nirvana is (imho) the spirit itself, when the soul is freed from this karmic shit again. And the mind works in a way that bad feelings and thoughts are made by opposing and struggling them, fear and sorrow and all these only last as long as one fights them in a knotty way - same applies to headaches. Thats why some meditation practices are for learning how to let things go and let it flow normally, like stopping the storm, the big waves of the mind, and as you stop stirring it up, it will calm down to be a smooth, waveless see.
So in this sense, karma is like an itching that wont let ppl to rest. And if someone kills a man (which needs quite a lot of ego-istic forces, drives, hatred...), besides that its not good, it will upset his soul so much it will prey on his mind for yearhundreds.. So its mainly impractical. Thats why you can either fulfil your karma (if it can end that way, like, you feel you need to be a doctor, so be it), or learn to get rid of it some other way.

(i hope some part of my text is written in english :) )

For me, this way, the 10 commandments (or at least some of them) also make sense, I think they are about avoiding things that will probobly fuck peoples mind.. unnecessary desires you cannot ever fulfill fully and those that will make you feel bad and if not, then other people will make you feel bad about it anyway..
Thats why -I think- it says "You shall not covet your neighbor's wife" instead of "you shall not fuck your neighbor's wife", cause coveting is the thing that will cause trouble to your soul.

Light said:
How can you *accidentally* shoot yourself in the head??!

First of all, you have to be drunk, at least moderately. Then you need a gun which you fidget with, thinking you're cool. You unload it but it's an automatic thing or something, I'm not sure, and one of the bullets remains in the pistol. Then you play cool, putting it to your head, pull the trigger and that little nasty bullet goes through your head. That's just the way it is.

I'm not sure of the vocabulary there though, maybe pistols aren't automatic, I'm not sure of the vocabulary.

Strangelight said:
A trace of what? Anathema quotes? :Spin:

I wouldn't define a trace as someone else's quotes, one's quote is his trace in life. My trace would most likely be offspring hehe, or simply doing something good in life, making a difference somehow, helping someone carving a good memory in their hearts..such stuff:)