Do you work out? If so, what is your routine?

Yeah, I made a mistake there typing hurriedly. I'll concede the chronology thing. I'm not sure if dead lifting equates to the effectiveness of super squat mass gains. But using that connection I made my previous argument. Then I mistakenly differentiated between mass building and strength training.

Under a proper bulking routine where gaining fat isn't a problem, you'll want the routines I provided. After massive muscle gains weight will fall off easily and you'll look great.

I think you went the other way and at single digit body fat built up your muscle mass which must have come about with significant difficulty.

I've never read about strict mass building routines; the only ones I know are the joint of mass and strength. I'm not sure about those mechanics. But on differentiating those two you lost me. As for my advice, without this useless quibbling it's still withstanding.

With that corrected, I can't see why you would put the exercises I stated down. Maybe I'm mistakenly connecting the squat routine and the deadlift routine. You DO know how effective supersquat are, right? The massive muscle and strength gain involved?
It's a pretty rational conclusion, I'd say, following a similar diet that the deadlift one would be equally contributory in building mass.

also, i can't see how compound exercises could ever be less effective than isolated ones. muscles need to work together, it's just natural for them to grow together.

i have to agree with metalskater in some things. for instance, doing isolated excercises helps you to concentrate on a certain part of your body, and if you want to develop symetrical body, you must do isolated ones. no one is born with perfect body. but for someone who doesn't know much about bodybuiding, symmetry and that stuff, and just want's to be in ok shape, it doesn't really matter, but if you are really in for it it takes much more.
from excercises, dieting and stuff...

full body programm is often recomended to begginers by trainers, for first few months of gym.
but doing something more, requires propper dieting, 6-8 meals a day!! and serious excercising.
people expect miracles, which will not happen

so...shut up and squat :headbang:

My metabolism is so high I don't think I could gain weight no matter how hard I try. I've always been ridiculously skinny.

yes you could!
but not easy, everybody want's it easy way, hehe
you are probably ektomorph type, which mean skinny with long arms, legs...the one that is hardest for gaining mass. but yes, you can. i'm the same type. but to gain, i must eat like an elephant:loco: and be persistant. i eat at least 6 times a day, hehe, but i gained...i was really like, really skinny, looked like i had anorexia or sth, now i gained 8 kgs mostly muscle mass, what is like...what...16 pounds if i'm right...during year and half...but you guys are lucky...you can gain much faster then girls can,...

Actually, faster metabolisms make it easier to gain lean muscle mass. A fast metabolism enables you to keep your body fat percentage down with a less strict diet and ensures that almost all your gains will be lean muscle. Go find a new excuse.

Been liftin' for 7yrs. now.
Try this and guarantee it will work (make sure you drink one 8oz. glass of creatine immediately after workout)

MON:3sets of 10or more of chest/ 3 sets of 10 of biceps
TUE: 3sets of back/ 3 sets of legs
WED: OFF(rest your hugeness)
Thurs:3 sets of shoulders/ 2 sets of traps
FRI:3 bicep/ 3 tricep

next week do tricep on chest day instead of bicep
and then switch back and forth weekly to "shock" your muscles
dont be afraid to switch it up at all because your muscles will like new exercises. Same ol' same ol' will get old real fast

Take these tips and you wont be disappointed
IT WORKS, BELIEVE ME. Ive taught skinny shits to get swoll!

are you kidding me? i'm about that height and maybe 170. I'd say there's twenty pounds or more of fat and muscle on me (away from being average). 60 pounds of muscle? even thirty is a LOT. unnaturally muscular at birth? what are you a fucking sayain?

just becuse I'm not fat doesn't mean I don't have it. I'm not inhuman. I don't know exactly how much I have, but I'm not fat and have no problem with activity. I have HUGE theighs and calf muscles from hauling cement, hay bails etc. I don't have very good stomach muscles at all, but I have good arms and shoulders.

Actually, faster metabolisms make it easier to gain lean muscle mass. A fast metabolism enables you to keep your body fat percentage down with a less strict diet and ensures that almost all your gains will be lean muscle. Go find a new excuse.
True, but if I'm correct you also need to exercise to bulk up. That way you got the lean muscle and the bulk to show it rather than no bulk but muscle.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were looking for a magic way to put on weight.
I thought you were smart enough to know that I was implying exercise along with diet. I suppose it's my fault for expecting too much out of a moron.