Do you work out? If so, what is your routine?

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I'm going to try to get in shape, and I was curious what everyone else does to try to keep fit. I'm at least expecting Derek to respond here.

Last few nights, I've been doing:
5 minutes of various stretching for my legs and back
25 crunches
20 situps
20 pushups with my legs on the sofa, hands on floor

I just did:
5 minutes of leg/back stretching
40 crunches
30 situps
*rest*
40 more crunches
20 of the same kind of pushups

I know, nothing major... gotta start somewhere, though.

also, post your height and weight

5'9
197lb

i go to a gym twice a week where i do leg excercises one day and upper body one day because i don't have the machines and such at home and i'm too lazy to go often but at home i do about 30 minutes of walking/running on a treadmill then 3 sets of 10 reps of bicept, tricept, lateral raises, shoulder presses, dumbell flys, some back excercises on one of those gym ballon ball things, and some other dumbell excercises and then after situps which in total takes me about an hour.

oh and height and weight is about 6 foot and 230 pounds

i've been plotting work out routines for almost a YEAR. it's so pathetic!

when i did have a regular routine, i was at school and went to the gym with friends. basically what you want to do Will is sets of reps. i was doing five sets of ten reps with various machines and some dead lifts. for your rocky method, do that rather than plowing straight through. i also spent some time on the bike for cardio toward the end of my workouts. same thing with reps. go hard for a few minutes, then break for awhile. get your heartbeat flying!

if you want strength and massive muscle gain, DEAD LIFTS. trust me. fuck everyone else. fuck machines. DEAD LIFTS. one bar and some weights. also, LOTS of protein.

also focus on technique. for whatever you do. especially if you're not using machines. machines isolate too much and make everything linear. you end up losing ultimately. so it's worth spending time on technique.

Monday - Upper body ( triceps, biceps, will do some incline bench presses, doing 3 sets of 10

Tuesday - Lowers - calf exercises (holding weights while going up and down on tippy toes) work my upper leg muscles doing squats and power presses..

and the rest of the days same but doing different exercies, moving them around.

i need to start doing this...i am gonna start going to the gym during the week more frequently.

no. ten sit ups, take a two minute breather. ten more, breather. although you could make it fifteen or something. and you do that about five times. or four. whatever.

also, Pavel Tsatsouline. read his stuff if you can. i read power to the people and it is GREAT. he's like some sort of russian soviet motherfucker and it's just fun AND educational to read.

5'8
144lb
i have some weights at home and i lift hem. I come up with different kinds of exercises. I will post pictures of the things i lift tomorrow. there are 11pounds each, i do this during the weekends
Appart from that i have soccer practice everyday which involves doing about 100 pushups per practice and 100 situps per practice after different drills and quite some running, and running elimination sprints at the end of practice, 100 yard sprints.
And I have monday, tuesday, wendsday, friday swimming as a class at school for first period.
Also running is great for getting in shape. Run 2 miles daily without stopping. Don't start at 2 miles, work your way up there, that shit will get you in shape.

Pretty much no, but I'm a landscaper (read: Mexican) so I hoist heavy ass cans onto my shoulder all day long. I'm 6' and 145lbs up from 130 since I started my job so I guess it's helping. The closest thing I can think of that would be what I do with weights is cleans, but you're already too strong to even be double bagged so you probably don't need that.

I'm 5'11", 180lbs. (Now. Back when you saw me Will, I was 200lbs, back when Isabel and David saw me, I was 215lbs.)

Anyways, I haven't been able to do any working out for months, due to back, neck and shoulder problems from work, but my work keeps me in shape.

When I was going to the gym, I was going daily, doing a different area every day, 2 times a week (6 week period). So for instance, I would work my leg muscles out on Monday and Thursday, my chest and arms on Tuesday and Friday, my glutes, stomach, and back on Wednesday. I'd do major cardio on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on how sore I was), and Saturday, but also do 10-30 minutes of cardio daily otherwise. Depended on the machine I chose to use that day. Bike I'd go for 20 minutes, Elliptical I'd do for 30 minutes, and treadmill I'd go on for 10 minutes.

will, go to the gym you need to do more different exercises

i go to the gym 5-7days a week

every day another muscle group

my weight is 75k and my height is 1,89m
(sorry for the european/dutch measurs)

Back when I did sports I used to run 4 miles a day in 110 degrees in Arizona. That and 100+ pushups and 50-100 situps a day, and about 40 curls. It sucked.
I don't really work out anymore... I dig holes and move rock all day though, heh. That and play moderate to blast beat speed on the drums 2-5 hours a day usually.

i go to gym 4-5 times a week, each day different part of the body..
for example monday legs
tuesday biceps + chest
thursday triceps+back
saturday shoulders+abdominals+calves

but whatever you do, to have some results you need to be persistant on a long term basis, not expecting, like a miracle within 2 months...
offcourse, besides working out, you should eat properly...high protein food, low carb and more "good" fats...
if you have weight problem, you should lower your carbs intake, and higher protein+fats (i know this sounds ?? but fatty acids can be your "friends" in diet if you don't take them with carbohydrates).offcourse, the "good" fats which are, omega3, nuts, olive oil, linnen oil..and so on...less animal fats, and fats from milk and stuff
carbohidrates higher your insuline level, and when insuline is high, ...now my english is not good...errrm... let's just say..you get fat :D becouse it transfers the food much faster through the blood..errrm...yes.
so you should base your calorie intake on "good" fatty acids + protein
if you eat carbs, you should eat wholegrain...and stuff...

errm..am i talking too much..uuups..

if you wanna know more...ask...i'm into this stuff :)

i'm telling you will, especially with your problems already. DO NOT TOUCH MACHINES.
working out certain areas is fine IN ADDITION to a full body work out. it shouldn't substitute. otherwise you'll have chinks everywhere in your armor. CHINKS.

Will,

Here's my secret.

If you just make sure you sit in an upright posture at the bar and order the largest beer in the heaviest glass, remembering to use alternate hands when 'supping'. The effort used in lifting said glass will not only tighten your stomach and biceps but help build new muscle because of the glasses weight.

It will also have a commulative effect on all the regional muscle groups related to your posture during the excercise. The beauty of the system is that it makes you thirsty and as we all know, liquids are important when you exercise. As one approaches the glass being half empty we approach the point where our excercise becomes 'Low weight- High rep' therefore maximising each 'sup's' hyper-toning potential. When the said beverage is finished, not only will you feel refreshed but you will also feel a need to celebrate your acheivement while feeling a strnage compulsion to do another set of reps. At this point approach the barman ask fro a re-fill and begin once more with the 'high weight - Low Rep' workout.

-Enjoy.

Oh yeah, 6'2" - 200lbs