Does anyone else think that everyone on the CoB boards is an asshole?

bobvex said:
this is a generalization based on one post, and if you really think bodom fans are assholes, think again. there are one or two "assholes" but the majority of us are decent human beings. People like what they wanna like, but you can't talk down to someone for liking something, thats just dumb. To each their own, and leave it at that. I dont go around saying "this band sucks, and so does this one." And dont generalize either, that makes people look dumb, also.

This is NOT based on a single post. This is based on my experience on the board from the past few months. I've read the board through and through and I have encountered many threads where the behavior I speak of is exhibited. I've experienced it, and I've watched others experience it. Also, I am not in any way talking down on these people for liking something, I am talking down on them for being inconsiderate pricks, but since they all happen to have a common interest (CoB), it looks like I am talking down on them for that interest. However, I assure you that it is for a different reason. Maybe I misconstrued what you said just now, I don't know.

I am a decent person too. I pride myself in my kindness, generosity, and selflessness, and other people take notice to that and really respect me. But I've just had it with the people on that board at this point, and I felt that I had to just get my feelings right out there in the open. I don't get mad very often and I'm not usually aggressive and vulgar with my words, but I got just a LITTLE pissed off.

Let me make this perfectly clear: this has NOTHING to do with Children Of Bodom. This is simply about a folly of human nature. It has nothing to do with the fact that people like the band or anything like that. They just HAPPEN TO BE a group of individuals on a message board with a common interest, but it all just boils down to people being pricks.

Reactions: Caelestia
Also notice that Opeth, Children of Bodom, and Nevermore (all of which kick ass in my opinion) are three of the more popular bands in the whole metal scene, therefore they attract the most fans, and more fans generally means more fans that also happen to be assholes. Just an observation.

And I've read through some posts on the Bodom board and found that I don't think I'd really get along, thus didn't post there. Everyone seemed nice enough, but has as much of an aura of I-don't-care-because-my-opinion-is-better-than-yours that one can have on the Internet, which everyone seems to tend to do at times, just usually with more moderation. But hey, they seem to get along well with each other, so leave them to themselves, I guess. They're a different kind of people than some other people, who built up their own community the way they want it. Just by my own observations, which I don't have many off, in case anyone was wondering. I don't even consider my own opinion very valid, but I figured I might as well input.

I don't think I can really discriminate against Bodom fans, being one myself.

Kitty said:
Simple solution, you cant stand some people on the forum then just don't post there. post here or the myriad of other boards there are at UM.

That's why I rarely visit the CoB boards, I just thought I'd give em another shot but I still can't get along with the people there so I'm gonna stop.

Koichi said:
hey man, fuck you, you're better off dead, I also don't give a fuck if you hate me, I have red light in my eyes.
FROM NOW ON.............WE R ENEMY'S......u and i.
--children of Bodom, ALEXI LAIOH
Sketch01.jpg

this is a BAD ASS DRAWING i did of alex hes so cute and hes teh MAN ON TEH GUITAR i wish i had expensive giutar's so i cuold be good liek him insted of this crapy squire OH WEL :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: CHILD OF BODOM 666 TIL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock on