Does "anyone" like Reroute?

Arch said:
Hmmm, how ironic. I CANNOT take you seriously with your opinions, but somehow, you took me WAAAAY to fucking seriously when I said to blow your brains out. A little double standard there, huh?

You only contribute to the situation when you won't drop the argument. You won't budge me. I won't drop arguments, and I tend to win them. This whole thing began because you took me seriously enough to say something unintelligent and not very informative. Seems like you got upset first.

I'm just stooping to your level just to let you see what a dumbass you are with your opinions.

How exactly am I a dumbass again? Send me a diagram. Oh, because I disagree with YOU? And yet, you're flaming me for defending my points to others because they disagree with me? A little double standard of your own going there. I don't agree with you, you don't agree with me. Now, drop it. Bitching about it does nothing constructive.

No need, I have books on music theory already.

Then why did you post something so incredibly stupid? It had about as much intelligence as something coming out of an ass...

Good for you.

Yup. I got what info I needed out of it.

Tough shit.
Yet, you're bitching at me, and you're the one who won't drop the issue? I don't like your opinion either, but I don't drop arguments. Double tough shit.

And you think it is oh-so-respectful to publicly slag on things you deem unworthy to your taste. I'm just giving you a taste of your medicine.

You *did* say this was a public forum.

No shit Sherlock. People have their own volition to respond or not respond to your statements, no brainer there.

Yup, and my defending myself against you, whether it seems condescending or not, is my own volition.

The more you talk, the more you make an ass of yourself.

Hmmm, yet, it only seems to be to you, and maybe two others. I derive more enjoyment from making you seem like a fool than you're pissing me off. Post me something from your theory book, it would be more interesting than reading you. And please type it from memory rather than verbatim, I want to see whether you actually know anything or whether you're one of these 3 chord nu-metal bassists who only have music stuff on the shelf to impress chicks when they come over.

If me not dropping arguments makes me an ass, fine. But I don't drop them, and dropping them is the same as conceding a point. I haven't conceded a point in anything discussed yet that I know about (things regarding Caligari and the video, I don't know, that was just my opinion and I'm no expert on silent film).

So, how are you and I different, other than disagreeing? I'm telling you to drop it because I disagree with you, and you're telling me to drop it because you disagree with me. Now, we could agree to disagree, or I could make you look like more of an ass by forcing you to post unwarranted claims with no supporting evidence than your own highly subjective taste.

Inflames626 said:
Hmmm, yet, it only seems to be to you, and maybe two others. I derive more enjoyment from making you seem like a fool than you're pissing me off. Post me something from your theory book, it would be more interesting than reading you. And please type it from memory rather than verbatim, I want to see whether you actually know anything or whether you're one of these 3 chord nu-metal bassists who only have music stuff on the shelf to impress chicks when they come over.
Oooh laaa di da! Ooh ooh, let's have a showdown of who knows more about music. Oooh, let's see who has a bigger penis. Guess what? I'm self-taught at music and don't have all the proper "training" you have with your GIT. You may learn music for most of your life, but I recently buy my own guitar, my own amp, and my own music books and recently learned about music theory. "Mommy" and "daddy" didn't pay for my music stuff and training. My current training is Computer Information Systems and will be Lingustics and Computer Science. I don't go around saying such-and-such programming method is all wrong! Such-and-such programming paradigm is sooo outdated. Those beginner script kiddies, don't know their void main() and int main()! That's not a proper language! Maybe because I have matured.

If me not dropping arguments makes me an ass, fine. But I don't drop them, and dropping them is the same as conceding a point. I haven't conceded a point in anything discussed yet that I know about (things regarding Caligari and the video, I don't know, that was just my opinion and I'm no expert on silent film).

So, how are you and I different, other than disagreeing? I'm telling you to drop it because I disagree with you, and you're telling me to drop it because you disagree with me. Now, we could agree to disagree, or I could make you look like more of an ass by forcing you to post unwarranted claims with no supporting evidence.
I'm trying to make your arguments into a moot point.

Arch said:
Oooh laaa di da! Ooh ooh, let's have a showdown of who knows more about music. Oooh, let's see who has a bigger penis. Guess what? I'm self-taught at music and don't have all the proper "training" you have with your GIT. You may learn music for most of your life, but I recently buy my own guitar, my own amp, and my own music books and recently learned about music theory. "Mommy" and "daddy" didn't pay for my music stuff and training. My current training is Computer Information Systems and will be Lingustics and Computer Science. I don't go around saying such-and-such programming method is all wrong! Such-and-such programming paradigm is sooo outdated. Those beginner script kiddies, don't know their void main() and int main()! That's not a proper language! Maybe because I have matured.

I'm trying to make your arguments into a moot point.

Right. I'm not trying to tell you how to program C++, I tried it before and I hated it.

Mom and dad didn't buy anything for me, although they did finance my education. I am currently an international relations/history major with a Canadian emphasis.

I buy my own gear, and hope to study audio production more once relocated to Ontario.

I don't think I'm quite moot, yet.

I just don't recall calling you a dumbass, wrong maybe, but a dumbass? You seem very intent on making this personal.

Shall I apologize?

Or would that require a penis bigger than the one you possess? :)

Well here goes, I'm sorry, no hard feelings.

Inflames626 said:
Hmmm, yet, it only seems to be to you, and maybe two others. I derive more enjoyment from making you seem like a fool than you're pissing me off.

*continues feeding the troll*

Trust me, you are not one to make anyone seem foolish, well,
anyone besides you that is.

I'm not even gonna bother replying to anything else you posted,
as it's quite clear you either don't have the brain power to process
it or you are just too damn thick headed.

Oh damn, you escaped from the Opeth forum, didn't you?

Edit: My mistake, you are from Arkansas.

Salamurhaaja said:
*continues feeding the troll*

Trust me, you are not one to make anyone seem foolish, well,
anyone besides you that is.

I'm not even gonna bother replying to anything else you posted,
as it's quite clear you either don't have the brain power to process
it or you are just too damn thick headed.

Oh damn, you escaped from the Opeth forum, didn't you?

Well said. Couldn't say it better myself.
:D

@Inflames626: You mentioned at one point that people were taking an impersonal point that you made personally. Now I'm all for not taking ANYTHING personally. But you do realize that by the phrases you use you are tempting people to take them personally. So to rebuttle against someone taking them personally, I'm not really sure that there is much of a justification of you to mock how personally that person took it. It's bound to happen, even if it shouldn't.

EDIT: and... threatening and condescending remarks like "Now, we could agree to disagree, or I could make you look like more of an ass by forcing you to post unwarranted claims with no supporting evidence than your own highly subjective taste." don't help the situation either.

I just saw that apologies were proposed, so maybe its ok.

Tebus said:
@Inflames626: You mentioned at one point that people were taking an impersonal point that you made personally. Now I'm all for not taking ANYTHING personally. But you do realize that by the phrases you use you are tempting people to take them personally. So to rebuttle against someone taking them personally, I'm not really sure that there is much of a justification of you to mock how personally that person took it. It's bound to happen, even if it shouldn't.

Teb, good point, and point taken. But all I remember saying is making a general thesis that DT, while good, wasn't that original, and I was generally bored with today's music in general. How seriously I should take a couple of guys with a robot for an icon and another guy that looks like he's taking a painful dump whilst playing with a set of imaginary balls I don't know. But I did apologize, and I've done all I can do.

And, I do think that I offer a bit more intellectual reasoning for my points than say, fuck your opinion because I don't like it. My view on lack of anything interesting in art and music has lately been because I haven't seen anything to spur my creativity much. I go back to Overkill, Slayer, late 80's stuff when I need riffs. Sadly, not much else has changed since then, aside from faster tempos and de-tuning.

And yes, I am from Arkansas. We wear shoes, speak English, and chew with our mouths closed.

Speaking of Sweet Amber, what's your view on St. Anger?

Inflames626 said:
Teb, good point, and point taken. But all I remember saying is making a general thesis that DT, while good, wasn't that original, and I was generally bored with today's music in general. How seriously I should take a couple of guys with a robot for an icon and another guy that looks like he's taking a painful dump whilst playing with a set of imaginary balls I don't know. But I did apologize, and I've done all I can do.

Speaking of Sweet Amber, what's your view on St. Anger?
Fair enough dude.

As for St. Anger... At first I had the same reaction most peope had of, this is garbage, Lars is using garbage cans, blah blah... But at this point I actually really like the album. It just took many listens to notice the little things in the album and what makes each song stand out. I don't really notice the low recording quality of the album anymore. Whenever I get a new album, I give it 2 weeks straight of listening at some point. So St. Anger is in the rotation now, and I really like it.

Tebus said:
Fair enough dude.

As for St. Anger... At first I had the same reaction most peope had of, this is garbage, Lars is using garbage cans, blah blah... But at this point I actually really like the album. It just took many listens to notice the little things in the album and what makes each song stand out. I don't really notice the low recording quality of the album anymore. Whenever I get a new album, I give it 2 weeks straight of listening at some point. So St. Anger is in the rotation now, and I really like it.

Teb, I agree to a point. It would have been a killer album had they kept the solos. Maybe even better than Justice, but don't you think, with a lack of any melody, that the album is boring? Especially with such long songs. It's like a really heavy COC in a way, but, I know what you mean about the recording. The snare I don't mind so much, more the loose bass drums. I like a tighter, high EQ'ed Vinnie Paul (Pantera) kind of drum sound, or, even more ideally, Anders Jivarp has always had such a killer drum sound all around, especially on toms. Some of the stuff, Burden in my Hands, the Kill Kill Kill part...oh man...I wasnt sure whether to laugh or be like, wow, brutal for Metallica. As usual, the bass tone was underrepresented, and Hetfield doesn't even sound like Hetfield, that signature EMG tone. But I mean, they didn't even isolate their instruments, so I'm not surprised. Martin Henriksson had a killer bass tone, although I don't like Niklasson's tone as much, they have the same style. Metallica should strive for a "Projector" bass tone and make a serious commitment to the band as a four piece. Martin will always be a bassist to me, even though he's always played guitar.

I also post in the Metallica boards, and the reason why the DT forum has so much of my attention is because people here actually post back.

But yeah, I know what you mean.

Also, I don't listen to Opeth. I'm considering more Moonspell, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom stuff. I usually only get one CD a month, so I'm a bit slow.

Inflames626 said:
How seriously I should take a couple of guys with a robot for an icon and another guy that looks like he's taking a painful dump whilst playing with a set of imaginary balls I don't know. But I did apologize, and I've done all I can do.

*orders more bread for the troll*

Ah, the wonderful world of trolls, when all else fails, insult the avatars.
At least we are smart enough to have some, you are just jealous :p

And what comes to apologizing, no need, you think you have hurt my
feelings or something?
Takes a bit more than a brainless troll I'm afraid hahaha

BTW, I haven't taken anything you said personally, see I don't have
to defend my music tastes, I just love seeing you make an ass out of
yourself and so far you are doing a superb job, keep it up.

Salamurhaaja said:
*orders more bread for the troll*

Ah, the wonderful world of trolls, when all else fails, insult the avatars.
At least we are smart enough to have some, you are just jealous :p

And what comes to apologizing, no need, you think you have hurt my
feelings or something?
Takes a bit more than a brainless troll I'm afraid hahaha

BTW, I haven't taken anything you said personally, see I don't have
to defend my music tastes, I just love seeing you make an ass out of
yourself and so far you are doing a superb job, keep it up.

Oh, you gothboy Jesus basher, you cynical, been there, done that martyr for seeing through religious fallacy and thinking for yourself, oh you bedroom philsopher, you have it all right. And your justification? Your almighty opinion. Get over the glam doom metal. Danzig has already been there and done that, and Danzig wannabe Peter Steele killed it for the 90's w Type O.

I don't need an avatar. I'm myself. I give my location. I've nothing to hide. And I don't need a Cradle of Filth shockrock fantasy to enjoy and perform my music.

I'd feel like a total dumbfuck if I did something like that. Remember when everyone took GWAR seriously and now they look cheesy as fuck? 5 years will do the same to Manson and Slipknot.

Speaking of which, they blew me away live, but the stupid suits...what a gimmick, just play music, man.

Black_paragon said:
I dunno some of the people that like the crap arch enemy are churning out now like it

True, I dunno what the deal with Michael Amott is, or how he went from Carcass to Arch Enemy (same principle than when Robb Flynn went from shreddy Violence to nu metal Machinehead), but I personally don't think AE is crap. It's very melodic, and I like that. But again, not very original.

I noticed you're from Angle-Land, go Napalm Death.

Is Cornwall nice?

Inflames626 said:
Oh, you gothboy Jesus basher, you cynical, been there, done that martyr for seeing through religious fallacy and thinking for yourself, oh you bedroom philsopher, you have it all right. And your justification? Your almighty opinion. Get over the glam doom metal. Danzig has already been there and done that, and Danzig wannabe Peter Steele killed it for the 90's w Type O.

Oh damn, you have me figured out, don't you?
Well, shoot me for thinking I was being Original, dayumn, he is seeing
right thru me people, must be this huge shotgun hole in my chest...

What comes to bedroom philosophy, I don't have one, I try not to
think about anything too hard, like you seem to, all that repressed
anger, you should really need to relax, otherwise you'll be dead by
the time you hit 12.

And just what is glam doom metal?
Just for the record, I think both Type O and Danzig are utter shit,
see, we here in the good ol europe know some better bands to listen
to, where as you don't see to know anything but american bands,
sad really.

Inflames626 said:
I don't need an avatar. I'm myself.

Who do you think is in my avatar? Jesus? or maybe it's Trent?

Inflames626 said:
I give my location. I've nothing to hide.

And your point is?
Everyone here knows where I am, everyone knows where I'm from
and everyone knows where I'm most likely going, now who are you,
trollboy?

Inflames626 said:
And I don't need a Cradle of Filth shockrock fantasy to enjoy and perform my music.

Well, you are the one here who like that shit, not me.

Inflames626 said:
I'd feel like a total dumbfuck if I did something like that.

You mean you don't now, just by, let me quote, being you?

Inflames626 said:
Remember when everyone took GWAR seriously and now they look cheesy as fuck? 5 years will do the same to Manson and Slipknot.

Well, I for one know no one who has taken GWAR seriously, but
thats just me.
And what comes off Manson or Slipknot, who cares what they will
be in 5 years, I sure don't, I hardly care what they do now, so why
should I care, they do their stuff and if that doesn't please, tough
shit, you are not forced to listen to them.

Inflames626 said:
Speaking of which, they blew me away live, but the stupid suits...what a gimmick, just play music, man.

So basicly what you are saying is these people should stand still
in the center of the clean and white stage, performing their songs
totally lifeless in white outfits... man, that would really be stupid,
who would wanna see... um, wait, oh yeah...

Salamurhaaja said:
Oh damn, you have me figured out, don't you?
Well, shoot me for thinking I was being Original, dayumn, he is seeing
right thru me people, must be this huge shotgun hole in my chest...

What comes to bedroom philosophy, I don't have one, I try not to
think about anything too hard, like you seem to, all that repressed
anger, you should really need to relax, otherwise you'll be dead by
the time you hit 12.

I'm 22, thanks.

And just what is glam doom metal?
Just for the record, I think both Type O and Danzig are utter shit,
see, we here in the good ol europe know some better bands to listen
to, where as you don't see to know anything but american bands,
sad really.

Most of the bands I like are European, especially from Germany, Britain and Sweden.

Who do you think is in my avatar? Jesus? or maybe it's Trent?
Like I give a shit. He's fondling balls.

And your point is?
Everyone here knows where I am, everyone knows where I'm from
and everyone knows where I'm most likely going, now who are you,
trollboy?

Show me some people. Where are you, and where do you think you're going? I've been plenty of places already, and will continue to go to more.

Well, you are the one here who like that shit, not me.

If I liked it, why would I criticize it continually?

You mean you don't now, just by, let me quote, being you?
Again, you've yet to objectively prove any of your criticisms. Just more self-righteous subjectivity. I thought you were going to stop replying to my posts?

Well, I for one know no one who has taken GWAR seriously, but
thats just me.
GWAR was the first thing to hit my mind. Candlemass I think would be another, also Emperor.

So basicly what you are saying is these people should stand still
in the center of the clean and white stage, performing their songs
totally lifeless in white outfits... man, that would really be stupid,
who would wanna see... um, wait, oh yeah...

I'm saying they shouldn't create Alice Cooper/Manson fantasy personas. It shows that something *besides* the music is necessary to entertain the people. I don't mind fireworks or shows, but going by one word names like...hmmm...Samoth was it, in Emperor? It's hilarious...it would be great to find out these people's social security numbers and to find out just how "average" they are, average enough to create a Deicide-ish fantasy alter-ego to obtain validation.

oh ok, i should really be sleeping now, but since i read it all:

it takes some guts and stability to come to an official forum, talk to about a dozen of fans of a band, and still being perfectly polite and gentlemanlike while criticizing the band: cut poor inflames626 some slack for sometimes resorting to avatar/anythingelse-bashing, after all there's more than one individual doing the same to him.

troll or not, only time will tell. but he's trying to make it clear for everybody why he doesn't like this or that aspect in dt (and other bands besides), he's not spamming threads, he's keeping a conversation active in quite a controlled way, he's not being nearly as aggressive as i find some "band xyz sucks" posts to be.

however, stuff like "i don't need an avatar, i'm myself" sounds a lot gothboyish to my ears and it seems slightly out of character: you bash (rightfully so, in my opinion) stupid juvenile funboyism every other line, then you resort to this kind of bombastic rethoric as if you just got out of the mall with a can of tuna-flavoured cola. ;) this is not meant as yet another flame, but i wonder how an eloquent individual such as you can miss that seriously debating the fact that using an avatar on boards online implies people are uncomfortable with themselves will get you gutted and served cold in three seconds flat.

all in all i think the flames are getting quite interesting on this thread because they're not as swearwords oriented as they usually get around here. everyone's getting quite convinced of his/her own superiority so i say: go ahead. i want to see who gives up first. :D

rahvin said:

it takes some guts and stability to come to an official forum, talk to about a dozen of fans of a band, and still being perfectly polite and gentlemanlike while criticizing the band: cut poor inflames626 some slack for sometimes resorting to avatar/anythingelse-bashing, after all there's more than one individual doing the same to him.

troll or not, only time will tell. but he's trying to make it clear for everybody why he doesn't like this or that aspect in dt (and other bands besides), he's not spamming threads, he's keeping a conversation active in quite a controlled way, he's not being nearly as aggressive as i find some "band xyz sucks" posts to be.

however, stuff like "i don't need an avatar, i'm myself" sounds a lot gothboyish to my ears and it seems slightly out of character: you bash (rightfully so, in my opinion) stupid juvenile funboyism every other line, then you resort to this kind of bombastic rethoric as if you just got out of the mall with a can of tuna-flavoured cola. ;) this is not meant as yet another flame, but i wonder how an eloquent individual such as you can miss that seriously debating the fact that using an avatar on boards online implies people are uncomfortable with themselves will get you gutted and served cold in three seconds flat.

all in all i think the flames are getting quite interesting on this thread because they're not as swearwords oriented as they usually get around here. everyone's getting quite convinced of his/her own superiority so i say: go ahead. i want to see who gives up first. :D

I appreciate it. And when I meant I'm myself, I mean that in a very personal way. I've done a lot, for someone from Arkansas, a place where no one has much money, and most people stay "within the loop", doing every day jobs and every day things. I got to experience Los Angeles life, and I got to try out a lot of things most people never do. So when I say I'm myself, it doesn't mean I've discovered the meaning of life. It means I've met my own standards, and am very pleased with what I've done.

Inflames626 said:
I'm 22, thanks.

Well, you sure fooled me.

Inflames626 said:
Most of the bands I like are European, especially from Germany, Britain and Sweden.

To name a few?

Inflames626 said:
Like I give a shit. He's fondling balls.

Well, for your information, he is not fondling anything or do you see
something in that hand?
That is called posing for the camera in a grim and tr00 fashion, but
of course you wouldn't know what that means, so I will just leave it
at that.
btw, that is me in the picture.

Inflames626 said:
Show me some people. Where are you, and where do you think you're going? I've been plenty of places already, and will continue to go to more.

Show you what people?
It's apparent you haven't been here before if you don't know where
I'm going, have you noticed I have somewhere around 2000 posts
and almost 2 years on this forum, what you think that would mean?

Inflames626 said:
If I liked it, why would I criticize it continually?

I dunno, maybe cos, um, you're a bit slow?

Inflames626 said:
Again, you've yet to objectively prove any of your criticisms. Just more self-righteous subjectivity. I thought you were going to stop replying to my posts?

What should I prove, I am posting what I think, I don't need to prove
shit to you or anyone else, if you don't like what I post, don't read it
and what comes to me replying to your posts, I like feeding the trolls
every now and then.
Btw, you should really learn to use the quote correcly.

Inflames626 said:
GWAR was the first thing to hit my mind. Candlemass I think would be another, also Emperor.

Candlemass and Emperor did what? Dress in huge outfits?
and besides, who fucking cares anyway, why are you so hooked on
this dressing up stuff, you have something against offering people
something a bit more than just the music, cos you know, you can
get that on CDs.

Inflames626 said:
I'm saying they shouldn't create Alice Cooper/Manson fantasy personas.

Why not?

Inflames626 said:
It shows that something *besides* the music is necessary to entertain the people.

And what is wrong with that?
It's part of the show, if you don't like it, don't go.

Inflames626 said:
I don't mind fireworks or shows, but going by one word names like...hmmm...Samoth was it, in Emperor? It's hilarious...it would be great to find out these people's social security numbers and to find out just how "average" they are, average enough to create a Deicide-ish fantasy alter-ego to obtain validation.

Um, what the fuck does people stage names have to do with
anything? Does it make them any worse or better as artists?
If you haven't noticed most everone goes by a stage name or
is your name Inflames626? If it is, I feel really sorry for you.

My name certainly is not Salamurhaaja and the face you see in my
avatar is not one I wear at other times, as most people here know,
hell, I don't even wear it here much, it's all part of the act.
I am sure people like Madonna, Prince, Samoth and whoever else
don't have that name on their IDs either.
(well, now that I think of about that more, Madonna and Prince might,
America is a fucked up country that way.)

And who cares how average someone is, most smart people know
that when they are performing, that it's not who they really are,
it's an act, a part they are playing, some need to play less than
others, but most do play.

*here ended another feeding of the troll, have a good day*

rahvin said:

*invites Rahvin into an orgy of flame wars*

Salamurhaaja said:
Well, you sure fooled me.
You haven't fooled me. An ass is an ass.

To name a few?
Therion (Greece) Napalm Death (Britain), Maiden, Carcass (Britain) Kreator (Germany), Flames and DT, Lacuna Coil (Italy), Sinergy (Finland), Dimmu (Norway), to name a few.

Well, for your information, he is not fondling anything or do you see
something in that hand?
That is called posing for the camera in a grim and tr00 fashion, but
of course you wouldn't know what that means, so I will just leave it
at that.
btw, that is me in the picture.

It's true, dude. You're not being "true", you're dressing up in make up. And it looks like you're posing. It was a prepared photograph, hence not "true", but something that's doctored to look a certain way, hence not true. What makes it true, that you look like every dude in every other death metal mag? I wouldn't know what it means because it's simply a scowling dude playing with a set of imaginary balls. What's it supposed to represent? Repressed homosexuality or a constipated person trying to take a bowel movement?

Show you what people?
It's apparent you haven't been here before if you don't know where
I'm going, have you noticed I have somewhere around 2000 posts
and almost 2 years on this forum, what you think that would mean?

That you have a lot of free time on your hands. I've been here all day because I've been working on a university paper most of the evening. No, I haven't been here very long. Because you've posted 2000 times does that mean I have to kiss your ass? Stop wasting DT's server space.

I dunno, maybe cos, um, you're a bit slow?
Nah, you're the one who has yet to prove why you think your shit doesn't stink. All I know at the moment is a vaguely crossdressing European guy who loves to argue and has a problem with his English.
Tr00...heh, I'll be laughing at that one for a while...do you say "gurl" and "gr8" too, gothboy?

What should I prove, I am posting what I think, I don't need to prove
shit to you or anyone else, if you don't like what I post, don't read it
and what comes to me replying to your posts, I like feeding the trolls
every now and then.
Btw, you should really learn to use the quote correcly.

Well sir, this is MY thread, and you continue this inane process by "feeding the troll". I'd rather be a troll eating ravenously, than someone like you who does nothing but regurgitate shit.

Candlemass and Emperor did what? Dress in huge outfits?
and besides, who fucking cares anyway, why are you so hooked on
this dressing up stuff, you have something against offering people
something a bit more than just the music, cos you know, you can
get that on CDs.

True, but the point of being live is the unpredictability of the music, how will they alter it, how will they jam on it? And a lot of it is just being in a celebrity's space. IF didnt have room to move at the Whisky, and yet I was fucking thrilled because I got to see a lot of stuff in person that I'd sang a million times in my car. I'm hooked on the dressing up stuff because it's unnecessary and shows that it takes more than music to entertain people. If your music's weak, go into acting.

Why not?
Because fantasy personas show a need to create something that doesn't exist because people are insecure or are unsure about how to hold people's attention aside from resorting to the extreme. Slayer, again, entertains thousands a year by going out there and blazing "Angel of Death", whilst hardly moving. Also Tony Iommi of Sabbath.

And what is wrong with that?
It's part of the show, if you don't like it, don't go.

I tend not to go to shows that remind me of a 9 year old's birthday party.

Um, what the fuck does people stage names have to do with
anything? Does it make them any worse or better as artists?
If you haven't noticed most everone goes by a stage name or
is your name Inflames626? If it is, I feel really sorry for you.

It makes them worse artists because they rely on something more than the music. Siegfried and Roy are magicians, but need white tigers. I'm not saying they're bad magicians, but people think more about Siegfriend and Roy being gay due to their extravagance than they do about their skill as magicians. I want to be known as a musician, not as an "entertainer".

My name's Aaron, I chose Inflames626 so I wouldn't have to remember another name, and handles are the convention of the room.

My name certainly is not Salamurhaaja and the face you see in my
avatar is not one I wear at other times, as most people here know,
hell, I don't even wear it here much, it's all part of the act.
I am sure people like Madonna, Prince, Samoth and whoever else
don't have that name on their IDs either.
(well, not that I think of about that more, Madonna and Prince might,
America is a fucked up country that way.)

Why need another face anyway? What does your real face not do that you need another face for? I sense some vague anti-Americanism there. Small wonder you're not Canadian. Terrence Trent Darby, despite his stage show, is one hell of a musician, and he has my respect, if not my money. He could go on stage without a show and still impress me.

And who cares how average someone is, most smart people know
that when they are performing, that it's not who they really are,
it's an act, a part they are playing, some need to play less than
others, but most do play.

Don't play on stage, be you. People don't need more lies in the world than there are already, and almost everyone respects honesty as one of the best traits in friends and acquaintances. I don't want bullshit when I hear or see music. I want to see John Bush, Scott Ian, Frankie Bello and Charlie Benante come together as themselves, which forms Anthrax. No need to lie if you're a musical force to be reckoned with. If you need to do more than the music, then something is lacking, usually in originality. Don't settle for average when you can be better. Perfection is a place to start, not to strive for.

*here ended another feeding of the troll, have a good day*

And I just spit it back in your face.

And I quote like this so my point by point refutations will be easier to follow.