Does anyone still pit?

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
I´m not into moshing at all.. I would rather watch the show and headbang...

Hey metal-sis! Finally some wise words around here! Sometimes it seems there are hardly any old-fashioned headbangers left :(

xxx Marlies

NP The Chasm - Reaching The Veil Of Death MP3 (cool stuff!!)

Originally posted by Hawk
Hey Marlies and AngelWitch73 you are not alone!! ;)

Marlies did you check out the Jag Panzer forum yet??

Haha of course I didn't forget about you, you taught me how to headbang in the first place waaaaaay back then! :worship: :lol:

Jag Panzer forum???? WHERE???!!!!!! (there is none on their page)..

I travelled to the Ozzfest just to see Slayer (everyone else was fucking gay - but Slayer made it worthwhile) and although the pit was pretty cool - I had a bunch of trendy faggot cunts throwing glass bottles and jars of piss into the pit all day.
These infantile little twats should be lined against a wall and shot. :mad: ...after being taught what real metal is :D

Originally posted by Black God
I had a bunch of trendy faggot cunts throwing glass bottles and jars of piss into the pit all day.
These infantile little twats should be lined against a wall and shot. :mad: ...after being taught what real metal is :D

I'm not a very vendictive person, but this makes sense :D !

@Hawk: sure you did (you and Eric de Haas probably), being very likely the first headbanger at the Dynamo Club back then ('81?) :)

Originally posted by Black God
I travelled to the Ozzfest just to see Slayer (everyone else was fucking gay - but Slayer made it worthwhile) and although the pit was pretty cool - I had a bunch of trendy faggot cunts throwing glass bottles and jars of piss into the pit all day.

.....At least you got in the pit, I was to the right of the stage with all the other real slayer fans goin' fuckin' mental. I saw those wankers just standing around in acres of space, fuckin' made me sick...

Look, I didn't read through the whole thread, so please forgive anything I might mention that's already been covered...

IMO, the only REAL pitting that still takes place is at punk shows.

Metal show pitting is a bunch of dickheads just trying to show how "masculine" and/or "metal" they are. Fuck that.

Punk shows (which BEGAN pitting, btw) are STILL to this day a REAL community. No attempting to purposely hurt someone. And look out if you're intention is to do that. It will come back tenfold. Plus, there's so many different ways to pit at a punk show. But back to topic, no. My 29-year-old body is too beat up to still pit. I leave it to the younguns, and they leave me to the bar at the back of the concert hall.

Cheers

No, Punk shows did NOT start pitting. They started a Ring Around the Rosie. Thrash pits are NOTHING like the Punk Circle Dancing.

I'm only 34, but I went to DK, Black Flag, GBH, Exploited shows in the VERY early 80s, still near the death of that scene, but I was there. When TRASH came on to the scene at that time, the PITS were NOTHING alike.

Punk pits is some banging around, but mainly just dancing. As a matter of fact, the first time I brought a HARDCORE PUNKER to an EXODUS show in 84, he practically shit his pants. He said he'd never seen anything like it... And he was old-school was into hardcore dancing (which is the modern equivilent to a Punk "Ring around the Rosie".

The Pit was just Violent... he had never seen a true FRENZY either. Hell, I haven't seen a real FRENZY since Testament in the mid 90's.

Most of us that are hardcore thrashers are too old to do that for any length of time now.

And pits today aren't even a shadow of their former glory... even when the big thrash or death metal bands come around...

People don't pit at Black Metal shows... guess they're too involved with headbanging and making sure their corpse paint doesn't come off...

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk

.....At least you got in the pit, I was to the right of the stage with all the other real slayer fans goin' fuckin' mental. I saw those wankers just standing around in acres of space, fuckin' made me sick...

Yeah, I managed to get into one of those smaller pits round the side, but it was still pretty brutal. I got my ass kicked, but maybe that's because I'm small. :lol:
Those spiky haired little twats kept outta my way though. MUWAHAHAHAHHAAHA! :D
It's nice to hear some people agreeing with my nasty underground attitude. :D

Originally posted by xenophobe
No, Punk shows did NOT start pitting. They started a Ring Around the Rosie. Thrash pits are NOTHING like the Punk Circle Dancing....Punk pits is some banging around, but mainly just dancing....

I can see your point, but I have seen some fucking nasty pits at punk shows. Pennywise a few years back during Warped Tour was fairly insane, and not for the meek.

Or maybe the East Coast crowds are just tougher :D

Pennywise? Never heard of them... haven't been into punk since back in the day.

Punk pits got a bit dangerous, but they were hardly violent.

And comparing a Modern Punk band's pitting habits to old school isn't even a valid comparison, IMO.

Old school headbanger here, which is kind of odd considering I'm 19:p. I'm only in those shitty ass pits for as long as it takes me to get as close to the front of the stage as possible. After that, I stand, headbang, and sing along as loudly as possible.:D

I stay at the edge of the pit if I'm not trying to get as close to the front as possible. Front row of the pit is cool, 'cause you can watch the stage fairly well and see people kill eachother in the pit. I'm a short runt and only get my ass kicked everytime I get in. I don't mind getting knocked around but beatin up I think I'll pass.

One thing I have noticed, early '90's when I got into metal, peoples attitudes seemed a little better. For instance when I got knocked on my ass at the Megadeth show in '94, people would help pick you up, as you would do the same for those in front of you. That don't seem to happen much anymore. I still do that myself. Have fun but watch out for eachother!

I can't stand crowdsurfers, ohh how the piss me off. By the end of the show I end up punchin the crap out of these bastard's that keep kickin me in the head.

Oh shit I'm ranting again!!! Cheers folks!!!

i dont' really go to many classic metal shows (though i am going to slayer in a few weeks)...

but i'm a moshaholic...real slamdancing...

go see a band like darkest hour, bleeding through...
newer hardcore bands...they draw about 100 people per show, and the pit wil be between 5 and 20 people...dancing...not that jockmoshing shit i hate so much...
try it out sometime...
norma jean, xONE-FIFTHx, 18 visions, hatebreed, ZAO, still breathing...check out those pits...alot of fun...
but then again, i'm only 16...oh well...