Does this bother anyone else?

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
I started browsing round the General Music Discussion forum again earlier (which henceforth shall be known by it's new monicker of General Elitist Bitching), and I noticed that all discussion of grindcore has been banished to the non-metal section, because GoD has decreed that grind is... well... non-metal.

I know that it can be argued that grind originated as hardcore punk taken to it's logical conclusion, but surely the development of the genre has taken it far more into the realms of metal than punk?

Yeah, we all know Symphonies of Sickness and Scald's "Headworm" and Brutal Truth's "Need to Control" is not metal. :rolleyes:

so does that mean Lykathea Aflame's "Elvenefris" is not metal? That album is widely considered a modern grind classic.

Bring some of the victims over here, will'ya? :)

Personally, if I've ever listened to grindcore it's been by accident, so as far as this argument goes, ignorance is bliss :)

(I thought Carcass was Death Metal anyway?)

Funny how because it has a -core name, some people refuse to recognize it as metal. Grindcore isn't just metal, it's metal as fuck. God dammit!

When did stupid battles over genre names come into existence anyhow? First I remember hearing it was in 2002, somewhere on UM. Before then we had Metal and Not-Metal. That was it!

The GMD is a weird place, currently it's Elitist-ville. Even I start going off on pseudo-intellectual rants when I post there, it's like that red color is self-empowering! o_O

SOT-2 sucks. What happened to those dudes, they used to be clever. I cruise over to that board once or twice a month and it's boring as fuck. In fact, it's about as boring as grindcore is metal.

^^LOL YOur clever!

I never go there anymore either. Some of those SOT guys were alright, and I posted there for a few days but it got boring as hell really fast. Just thought i'd point out the hate pit

One Inch Man (NAD?), you're correct - SOT2 is worse than the Opeth Off Topic EVER was. I've left...which is why I'm coming here more often ;-) <3.

I didn't think anyone was left that didn't know I was NAD. :D

The SOT board behaved in waves, there were slower dumber moments, but it could almost always be counted on for a larf. That really disappeared when the sequel came into being. More proof that sequels NEVER WORK. Except Evil Dead 2 of course.