Anyone else feel the need to Proselytize Metal to friends?

You can't force someone to like metal. Why bother anyways? The people who really care will find metal on their own. People need to stop assuming people are innately destined to like metal. Im sick of hearing spread the metal word and all this other bullshit that is starting to sound like organized religion. Keep your enlightened metal ass to yourself and everyone will be much happier. This includes you.

Well I will share heavy metal bands and spread the word with them if they WANT to get into it that is. I dont force it down people's throats.

SADUDE said:
... spread the metal word and all this other bullshit that is starting to sound like organized religion. Keep your enlightened metal ass to yourself...
Here's your wake up call metal fans, who the hell wants to be known as the Jimmy Swaggart of metal??

Winnie Cooper...ahh, those were the days.

SADUDE said:
You can't force someone to like metal. Why bother anyways? The people who really care will find metal on their own. People need to stop assuming people are innately destined to like metal. Im sick of hearing spread the metal word and all this other bullshit that is starting to sound like organized religion. Keep your enlightened metal ass to yourself and everyone will be much happier. This includes you.
I agree. I don't force metal on anyone, because I know that I wouldn't appreciate it if someone were trying to push me to get into hip hop. Metal isn't for everyone. However, I had a couple friends that were into hardcore, and they happened to get into metal as well, because I played some of my metal stuff when we were hanging out and they liked it.

SuicideMachine said:
Usually they just laugh at the cookie monster singing
This is a very common reaction. I haven't tried Six feet under on anyone yet, but I can imagine how they will react. When I was new to metal, I did a lot of preaching, but nowadays I'm more laidback and have also realized that if you want someone to like metal (and sometimes it's totally impossible), preaching is the wrong method.

i have 2 friends into very similar music to myself, one other who doesnt listen to bad music (rather listens to music i like thats not metal) and then the rest are clueless radio lovers.

they will never like metal (most are girls, and there is no convincing women!) so im not going to waste my breath

if im driving, my music goes on. if they drive, i usually turn the radio off :)

otherwise, i just try to bully the jukebox at bbq's etc :p