dont buy from cdinzane

robx

New Metal Member
Dec 5, 2008
Just a note to all that shop at cdinzane, I purchased mercy falls from the online store and did chose usps, I did not receive my cd. I email the guys to see if they have proof that it was even sent and they cant provide any proof. I understand that its at your own risk damage wise, but when the post office loses one cd, good customer service would be to at least try to work something out. I was told it was my fault, too bad, read the disclaimer....all I asked for was proof it was sent. If they cant even provide proof it was sent, how do we know they are sending anything when you order via the usps. Im just saying, anyone ordering from cdinzane, chose ups or you are screwed. I know they will end up bad mouthing me and im stupid and whatever, my collection of prog metal cd's is upwards of 1000 + pieces so I buy a lot of music. I think replacing one cd is cheaper than losing a lot of business.

Yep, I'm not ordering there again.
Eventually I got my SE of MF, but it took about two months.

Ordered the regular one at Lionmusic.......and got it after a week - it's pretty clear where I'm gonna buy my next SW-albums.

Hmm, sounds bad. Oh well, thank God I didn't order there...

Well... I ordered from LionMusic and it took about a month (shipping to Germany)... but I'm thankful I got the CDs and..... at least I know I definitely supported the artist by not buying the CD second-hand.

A shame to hear that robx.

I ordered my copy of MF from The Lasers Edge and had no problems. I otherwise mainly order from CD Universe and I've had a few shipments go missing in the mail which they've always replaced with no questions asked. I can't recommend them enough.

Sadly, I've heard similar stories from many people regarding CDInzane.

I support LaserCD, Nightmare Records, CM Distro, The Omega Order/The End, Amazon Marketplace, Metal Discs, and Sentinel Steel. Occasionally, I'll order from CDBaby, too. But I've ordered nothing from CDInzane because I've heard so many terrible things about them.

With so many other options available, there's really no need to order from CDInzane.

There may be nothing wrong with CDInzane. Some people have ordered from them and have had good experiences. However, there's a rising tide of people who have had very, very bad experiences -- and aren't afraid to make their opinions known about it.

So I stick with the online sources I mentioned. I haven't had a bad experience with them yet. Especially Ken Golden's LaserCD. Very knowledgeable guy. Great selection. Reasonable prices.

Bill

I ordered my copy of MF from The Lasers Edge and had no problems. I otherwise mainly order from CD Universe and I've had a few shipments go missing in the mail which they've always replaced with no questions asked. I can't recommend them enough.
Yeah, CD Universe often surprises me with their selection of metal at good prices, and I've never had a problem with their service. In addition to them, I use The End Records & Laser CD the most, and occasionally CM Distro. I've used CD Inzane a few times, and while I haven't had a problem, their prices usually aren't as good as other vendors. Nuclear Hell is dirt cheap, but you'll have to wait 3-4 weeks as the discs come from Russia ;)

It is unfortunate that their are individuals out there who do not read directions and company policies before they get involved in causing problems. While we usually stay away from "super-fans" and kids that cause problems because they need to feel "noticed", We were drawn to state our part of this situation:

The USPS is no longer a government run business, but a corporation since early 2008. While CD Inzane.com does record numbers in business, we offer and suggest to everyone whom orders, the option to ship with tracking and insurance thru UPS. The USPS (postal service) offers a type of insurance that we've chose not to carry. If you have a package that is lost with USPS, it takes 45-60 days for them to deam a refund. CD Inzane ships cheaper than others as all CDs, DVDs and box sets ship for just $1.00 first class mail. If a customer orders from us, we kick in the extra to ship their package as a thank you. This individual must learn to read. Why don't you take some time to read the terms of the companies that you order from? Industry standard is that customers must pull insurance for orders if they choose to ship in that fashion or think that they will have a problem in shipping. Cd Inzane clearly is not responsible for a 3rd party carrier to deliver this individuals package, nor should we be responsible to send everyone 2 packages. It simply is not affordable and the 3rd party shipper offer the insurance for these instances. CD Inzane requested in BOLD RED at checkout (as with all customers) that if our customers choose 1st class shipping without insurance, that we do not refund nor ship a 2nd package, should the USPS decide to put your cd in the wrong mailbox, loose your package or damge it. CLEARLY stated in 3 different sections of the site and at checkout on their printable invoice.

I have been fed up with so many that state, "Oh this band sucks" or "this company sucks", when the matter is that you suck! These bands work so hard to bring you great music, yet you slam them for not touring your area. You slam overseas companies for doing their job and sending your cd across the world but that costs incure because of distance that you don't like so you FEEL the need to badmouth them, you slam us that are here, everything in stock, but now you get pissy with us because YOU did not take out the insurance in case. Negligance is your own. We work on a worldwide level with professional baseball players, pro musicians and labels, but yet we have to deal with those whom just cannot read and feel the need to cause problems. Lucky for you, the rules are you can voice your opinion, but so can we.

Cd Inzane gave this individual the option to insure and track and it was our suggestion in bold red before he submitted his order, yet he chose not too. It is unfortunate but we do not know one person out there that has never had at least a letter missing in the mail. The relevents of this is that IT CAN HAPPEN.

With thousands of orders shipped each year by our company, the USPS is still good for the price. UPS is much better, will cost more, but will also cut you a check within 48 hours should your item become lost, damaged or stolen.

Read the terms friend then come back to see us again and do it right.

Only gripe I had with cdinzane was that it took like a month for them to ship my Mercy Fall even though I had placed the order long before the release date.; I tried calling but no one picked up but eventually after like a week of calling they did and the person explained that they were away at some festival or something but he was very nice and assured me my order was to ship that day and it came rather quickly.

I'm sorry to hear about your order

Only gripe I had with cdinzane was that it took like a month for them to ship my Mercy Fall even though I had placed the order long before the release date.; I tried calling but no one picked up but eventually after like a week of calling they did and the person explained that they were away at some festival or something but he was very nice and assured me my order was to ship that day and it came rather quickly.

I had a similar situation although they were not as nice. Basically they told me if I had read their website, it clearly said they were at this festival and orders would not be processed until they returned. At that point I told them to piss off. I'll never order from them again.

What respectable company leaves a comment like that? I will never order from you and make sure that no one else I know does. That was an irresponsible, stupid response. The guy wanted proof that he ordered the cd and you didn't provide it for him? Are you the owner? If I were him and you didn't prove to me that you sent the cd, I would report you. Better Business Bureau

I was gonna place "Fuck CDinzane, fuck them in their stupid asses." in my sig - but while negative, it's still advertisement, to which they are not entitled to.

Even so. Fuck em.

CD Inzane ... "We work on a worldwide level with professional baseball players, pro musicians and labels, but yet we have to deal with those whom just cannot read and feel the need to cause problems."

Well if you work with pro ball players and musicians that makes everything right then doesn't it? That's always been one of my criteria for buying CDs... just so they've dealt before with pro ball players. I mean, what else could you ask for? What could be more relevant?

"Read the terms friend then come back to see us again and do it right."

Yes, sorry, our screwup. Next time we will search every inch of your site and be certain we've read ever detail. Afterall, wouldn't want to piss you off by breaking 'the rules'.

Me too, spent about 60 euros (75 dollars) 3 or 4 years ago, never received anything. The so-called customer service told me there was nothing to do with it because the delivery was not insured.

Wonder if they still have any customers.

BTW: I usually order from CDWow, Play.com and Amazon UK. Never lost anything.

While i do think that CD Inzane have covered any legal obligation they owe to their customers, it would appear that they could probably do more QA of their customer service and perhaps reassess using USPS as a primary carrier. Terms and conditions of sale cover a company for any unfortunate or unlikely dramas with their products, however redirecting a customer to them and basically saying 'hardi har, you agreed to this so tough' is pretty pathetic customer service. If i was a company with a relatively small customer base, i'd probably be doing everything within my power, and reasonable use of resources, to ensure that all transactions went as smoothly as possible, taking into consideration likely contingencies like 'cd lost in the mail'.

But, i digress: the company are covered, and you didn't purchase the insurance they advised you of. Shit times, but these things do happen.