Don't you love the moments when you find your feet again?

sands of the seas

Of Another World
Jul 18, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Recently i had been doubting my guitar playing ability because i could never come up with anything deecnt! That was until last night. Wow, i impresed myself last night! I was just mucking around on my guitar, trying to find something suitable for the next part of a song i'm writing and bang, i came up with something i'm very happy with! The first part is very egyptian, which is what i was aiming for, but then it makes a transition to something like "In The Moment" (An Evening with John Petrucci and Jorden Rudess). I didn't know i could sweep over four strings like that until last night :lol:
Have you ever had moments like this where you have found your feet again and started running?
Sorry if this topic bores you, i just had to let out my excitement :D

yeah i've had some moments like that not so much on guitar but on the keyboards synths one day i can feel very confident on writing something or playing and when i pick it up and start playing i can't play or write anything good it just sucks:D but nothing beats the feeling of getting out of a slump like that that's just awesome:cool:

Had a cple of those, but they never seem to last long enough. Last night I felt great though, I was listening to some classical music and trying to play the melodies by ear. I actually got it down so good. If I try it again now I'll get nowhere

Well I'm happy right now because whenever I used to tremelo pick my arm would tense quite a lot to get good speed and so my arm would ache after a while but then a few hours ago I accidently relaxed my arm (I know I'm a retard :lol:) and it was so comfortable and fast...

...that was probably the most boring story ever but I'm a loser :lol:

Originally posted by Interesti
Well I'm happy right now because whenever I used to tremelo pick my arm would tense quite a lot to get good speed and so my arm would ache after a while but then a few hours ago I accidently relaxed my arm (I know I'm a retard :lol:) and it was so comfortable and fast...

...that was probably the most boring story ever but I'm a loser :lol:

hey.,.,watch the tension on your arm.,.,you could pull some tendens.,.our guitarist recently did that and now he has a form of carpal tunnal syndrome.,.,.,.,,.just wanted to warn ya.,.,;)

Carpal Tunnal Syndrome? Hmm...well I do not tense my arm nearly as much now, it's pretty relaxed.

Thanks though - I don't want a form of Carpal tunnal syndrome (not that I know what that is:lol: )

i just "found my feet" !!! i was having problems with this one solo i came up with about one month ago.,.it was one of those bullshit solos that you add just so you can finish the song.,..well.,.i added some tapping to the begining in order to make the chase up the neck chaotic sounding.,.,and i made the last bit have delay like "this love" from pantera.,.and just slowly picked out a melody from the penatonic scale :) .,.,the two parts give off a completely different feeling.,.,.,.,.

its still a simple solo.,.but i like the way it sounds.,.,hmm.,.,.i might try and harmonize the last part.,.,.,

will a 3rd harmony sound good in penatonic?:confused: and if so.,.,then would it sound better if i layered a 5th over it.,.or a 7th?