Doom metal

Dreadful

When Man& Machine Collide
May 2, 2003
San Diego, California
Hello James,

I know you're a big doom fan and all...and I was just wondering what some of your alltime favs. are? Anyone else can respond to this too. Mine would have to be Katatonia - Dance of December Souls...Disembowelment - transendence into the peripheral, Paradise Lost - Gothic and Candlemass - Nightfall...It will probably change though but at the top of my mind, those would be it. Hail doom metal. Good day James and the rest of you.

MORGION - Solinari
MORGION - Cloaked By Ages, Crowned In Earth
UNHOLY - Rapture
EVOKEN - Quietus
EVOKEN - Antithesis Of Light
ESOTERIC - Metamorphogenesis
SKEPTICISM - Lead And Aether
CANDLEMASS - Nightfall
DUSK - Majestic Thou In Ruin
THERGOTHON - Streams From The Heavens
MOURNING BELOVETH - The Sullen Sulcus
NOVEMBERS DOOM - The Knowing
NOVEMBERS DOOM - A Pale Haunt Departure
SOLITUDE AETURNUS - Through The Darkest Hour
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Of Empires Forlorn
FALL OF EMPYREAN - Anhedonia
FUNERAL - Tragedies

Hypnos said:
DUSK - Majestic Thou In Ruin

Sweet, I forgot about Dusk. I'll have to break out my CD's and listen to them again. I remember the discs being quite incredible. They were from the Green Bay, WI USA area back in the day, about 10 years ago. They were just a bunch of kids, but sounded so mature and professional. They were produced by the guys in Bleed (later known as CRAWL), another incredible band from Green Bay.

.j.

im trying to get into doom metal. I HAVE two old catherdal albums. they sound slow and groovey. we all know the the top four of thrash metal.slayer,anthrax,megadeth,metallica.minus black sabbath what are the top four or five of doom metal?

I used to have a few My Dying Bride albums. They were cool, but I always found myself waiting for the heavy part. I guess I enjoy the brutality of death metal too much for the slower music, but it was quite atmospheric. I also listened to Morgion, a couple years back, they seemed much heavier when I saw them open for Entombed in '92.