Doom Metal

Tom, even if you actually did hear them, this is the wrong thread. They're traditional heavy/power metal based on my single spin of their full-length. :)

What's the general opinion on the norwegian band "Funeral"? They played funeral doom in the beginning, but now it's mostly melodic doom.
I think they are pretty good however, their new album is just ok.

Any of you guys into The Sword. I find their new album "Gods of the Earth" not bad at all. Favorite songs by them so far is Winters' Wolves and Freya. I also like their new music video they did on the song "Fire Lances of the Ancient Hyperzephyrians".
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI7227GHvQY&feature=related[/ame]

I enjoy the new Candlemass. And what I like is that I'm going to love it even more after more listens.

The self-titled was pretty good though. I have not heard DMD yet and I have to go across town to pick it up most likely so I won't be getting it for a while.

In fact, I like the self-titled more than Tales and Nightfall

The self-titled is the worst of the 3 albums they've released since 2000. Messiah sounds really bored most of the time, and the songs are all really similar and simplistic compared to the wonderful epics on their better efforts.

I've been wanting to delve back into doom metal, whats some good funeral doom that borders on the absurd? I want some real Abruptum meets Thergothon style fuckery!

Maybe some of you guys heard of them. The band is called Krux. I find them pretty good. Sounds like a combination of prog and doom metal. TBH I think the vocalist, Mats Levén is great in Krux fits the band quite well.

Anyone heard the new Forsaken? I've heard it's great, need to pick it up. It's shaping up to be a great year for epic doom, new Candlemass, Forsaken, Solitude Aeturnus, Isole....