Doom Metal

Okay, so the new Heaven and Hell album is fucking amazing. Way better than I ever imagined it could be, what with them all being 60+. But it's dark, heavy, and doomy as fuck. I love it, will certainly make my top 10 list at the end of the year.

Nice surprise today, the record store called and told me my copy of the new Candlemass was in, wasn't expecting it until tuesday. It's amazing IMO, worthy of the Candlemass name. The only track I'm not thrilled with is "Dead Angel," hoping it will grow on me, because other than that, every other song is great.

It's actually not bad, far from my favorite, but I'm not gonna skip over it or anything. I can't choose a favorite, it's between Hammer of Doom, The Bleeding Baroness, Demon of the Deep and House of 1,000 Voices...Either way, the albums rules.

Anyone here listen to Isole's Silent Ruins? Very good album!

Yeah, it's great. On par with Bliss of Solitude IMO, which was one of my favorites last year. I hope they can keep putting out albums of this quality every year haha.

Yeah, it's great. On par with Bliss of Solitude IMO, which was one of my favorites last year. I hope they can keep putting out albums of this quality every year haha.
How is Bliss of Solitude compared to the earlier albums? I've yet to check it out because from my understandment they changed their style to more my dying bride infleunced stuff which is nothing I'm really interested in. Also how is the new album compared to Bliss of Solitude in style?

How is Bliss of Solitude compared to the earlier albums? I've yet to check it out because from my understandment they changed their style to more my dying bride infleunced stuff which is nothing I'm really interested in. Also how is the new album compared to Bliss of Solitude in style?
You don't like My Dying Bride? If it were'nt for them it's likely Isole woulden't be around. Here are some of my favorite doom and doom/death bands.

The Peaceville three(Paridise Lost,My Dying Bride and Anathema)
Opeth
Katatonia
November's Doom
Draconian
Daylight Dies
Swallow the Sun
Novembre
The Old Dead Tree
Agalloch
Primordial
Shape of Despair
Sentenced
Edge of Sanity
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Isole
Cathedral
Place of Skulls
Seemless
Penance
Confessor
Yob
Warhorse
Morgion

I've been listening to some more modern traditional doom bands (I use that term loosely) and I've grown extremely fond of Lord Vicar, Fall of the Idols, Hour of 13, among others. Great stuff. Anyone have any recs similar to these?

You don't like My Dying Bride? If it were'nt for them it's likely Isole woulden't be around. Here are some of my favorite doom and doom/death bands.
I like As the Flower Withers. The stuff after it aren't really that superb imo. And the old Isole stuff is more influenced by epic doom like Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus than MDB?

I like As the Flower Withers. The stuff after it aren't really that superb imo. And the old Isole stuff is more influenced by epic doom like Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus than MDB?
Yeah I suppose, I'm not familure with older Isole. A Line of Deathless Kings was fantastic imo but a lot of MDB requires a particular taste.

I actually only have the most recent two, I don't download, and their first few are a tad hard to find for under $40, so I don't have them. As far as Bliss of Solitude vs Silent Ruins, Silent Ruins seems a bit more proggy to my ears, but it's still epic-doom at it's core, I think both are great.

The Peaceville three(Paridise Lost,My Dying Bride and Anathema)
Opeth
Katatonia
November's Doom
Draconian
Daylight Dies
Swallow the Sun
Novembre
The Old Dead Tree
Agalloch
Primordial
Shape of Despair
Sentenced
Edge of Sanity
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Isole
Cathedral
Place of Skulls
Seemless
Penance
Confessor
Yob
Warhorse
Morgion

Try Forsaken if you haven't already, amazing, and completely underrated band

the previous release was better. but there are some really catchy melodies on the new one. its growing on me
~gR~

I like them about equal I think. Both great.

Silent Ruins is really Opeth-y, and it bothers me...I hate Opeth.

Fall of the Idols - The Séance is amazing.

I can see where you're coming from on that, I happen to love Opeth though....so the (slight) similarities don't bother me much.