Dragonforce...

eddie_maiden

Nov 25, 2008
Chicago
Just out of curiousity....today I was wondering why do people not respect DragonForce? I mean everytime I hear about them, its always negative. Is it because of the Guitar Hero exploitation or something else? (BTW....dont give me any shit saying they suck just because they suck, give me honest answers.)

I would say it's because their last three albums have shown virtually no progression at all and the last two exist mainly to show off the guitar skills of Li and Totman. As if that wasn't bad enough, they're just not particularly good guitarists, so you have an album that consists mainly of boring guitar solos. Same problem as later Arch Enemy, only more gay. First two albums are excellent, though.

I would say it's because their last three albums have shown virtually no progression at all and the last two exist mainly to show off the guitar skills of Li and Totman. As if that wasn't bad enough, they're just not particularly good guitarists, so you have an album that consists mainly of boring guitar solos. Same problem as later Arch Enemy, only more gay. First two albums are excellent, though.

Indeed. Their lack of progression is turning into self-parody. They should either hang it up, or just become a joke band, not unlike Edguy.

I agree that dragonforce get to much hate on here. Valley of the Damned is one of my favorite metal albums, after Sonic Firestorm though...well like WAIF said they just kinda got boring

They were interesting before they got big. Sonic Firestorm is a pretty good album...Guitar Hero 3 ruined them and now everyone hates them. People who don't know metal think Dragonforce are gods because they played Through the Fire and Flames on Expert. Also every song sounds the same.

Yeah, I agree on the not progressing part for the last 2 albums before Ultra Beatdown. Sonic FireStorm and Inhuman Rampage. I for one think Ultra Beatdown's sound has progressed here a bit. I mean some of the solos now actually have melodies to them, mainly the song Heartbreak Armageddon.

But whatever that's just me. I still like them regardless of what anyone says.

I like them, theyre pretty good live. A lot of people call them shite because they saw the graspop 06 video, 09 sort of brought it back.

Only problem this time is that the quality sucks :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Valley of the Damned is one of my favourite power metal albums. Dragonforce had lots of potential but have been sucked up by the guitar hero machine, and decided to make money instead of good music unfortunately. I've seen them twice live though and whatever people say about their live playing, they're still good fun to watch. Wouldn't be bothered about seeing them again though.

And no one's even mentioned that they miss notes live and shit meaning they obviously only achieve "god status" by speeding shit up.

It also seems that they are trying to milk the fact that their music is very fast paced and what some would call "aggressive" they cannot seem to calm the fuck down and are very jumpy and happy-go-lucky, and their music attracts the kids outta Hot Topic who love Twilight and...being gay? I like Power Metal as much as the next guy and have a couple albums from some other big names like Symphony X but Dragonforce is just too fuckin much for me.

When will this forum take the definitive vote that Power Metal is gay?

I like them, theyre pretty good live. A lot of people call them shite because they saw the graspop 06 video, 09 sort of brought it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLBY5QvntRQ

Only problem this time is that the quality sucks :lol:

Yea i see.i remember watching the graspop vid and i thought they were always wasted live and sucked, but thetre actually tight here. P.S. ZP sounds like a Southern Englishman