Dream Theater anyone?

I'm pretty happy with Mangini, he's not Portnoy, but at seeing as how he played with annihilator i've got high hopes.

@Keenan, i got more into Systematic Chaos since a few days ago. I just decided to listen that one in full, and since that moment i like it very much :D i already knew The Dark Eternal Night of course, but none of the other songs on that record.

also listened to Train Of Thought in it's entirety. first i only listened to In The Name Of God, but since then i like As I Am to. Also, in Endless Sacrifice there's this brilliant part at 6:27 or something :lol:

and i have a question for you: is Falling Into Infinity worth it to listen to it? i heard at some places that this is their worst album.

It's easily their worst I'd say. Still worth a listen though, some very good songs on there. Anna Lee, Hollow Years, Hell's Kitchen, Burning My Soul and Trail of Tears are all awesome, it's the other three or so songs that suck pretty bad.

Train of Thought is great, I LOVE Vacant and Stream of Consciousness.

Train of Thought is great, I LOVE Vacant and Stream of Consciousness.

haha, it's almost impossible to only like 1 of those 2, since vacant is based on a melody in stream of consciousness :lol:

anyway, BUMP! because we are now joined by MSD in our attempt to take over the world, armed with the most powerfull force known to mankind, and it's name is Dream Theater :lol:

MSD, describe your feelings :lol:

and Friday next week will be the day that A Dramatic Turn Of Events will be released! :kickass:

edit: recently i started to listen more songs from Systematic Chaos. The Chaos in Motion dvd made me do it. Especially Ministry Of Lost Souls and In The Presence Of Enemies part 1 & 2

edit #3: MSD, i believe you play guitar? Constant Motion is a really fun song to play. So are the 3 songs i mentioned above.

Well I really like Dream theater. But since I'm on a budget because I have no steady income source of my own (I'm fucking 16:p) my only way of listening to them is piracy or spotify. I've downloaded Awake illegally and really dug it! I still have it on my iPod and it will be there until I replace it with bought mp3:s. As for the new one, I'm buying it, no doubt. And I will probably buy other albums when I get older:)

In short, I really like them, but I won't buy their music yet cause I'm low on cash.

Next summer I will turn my normal activity to a job so maybe then I'll buy some:)

well, that's what i did. first i downloaded some albums, and i bought those albums when i liked them.

okay, that's not entirely true :lol: i once bought 4 DT albums at once from a guy ( A Change Of Seasons, Awake, Images And Words and Scenes From A Memory ). i didn't know Scenes From A Memory and A Change Of Seasons at all :lol: luckily SFAM doesn't suck :lol: and i don't know about ACOS... i still haven't really checked it out =\ anyway, the first i bought was Black Clouds & Silver Linings, then those 4, then Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, then Systematic Chaos and their last albums i bought were Train Of Thought and Octavarium. And next week A Dramatic Turn Of Events :lol: and then i only miss Falling Into Infinity and When Day And Dream Unite.

damn, i write to much =\

Glad you could join us MSD. :p

A Change of Seasons is an EP. One new song, the 24 minute title track, and then four cover songs. Well, really like ten cover songs, but they're all awesome medleys.

Falling into Infinity has some great songs on it, it's just brought down by a few real crappers.

When Day and Dream Unite is a bit different because of the vocalist. He sounds like Geddy Lee/Steve Perry mixed together, which I personally enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Metallica/Lou Reed troll thread is --------------------------------> that way AMD.

Also, MSD, if DT's extensive back catalogue wasn't big enough for you, you should also check out the extensive back catalogue of side projects they have done. James LaBrie and John Petrucci's solo work, Liquid Tension Experiment, OSI..... All great.