Dream Theater anyone?

So that it has leaked to youtube, I've listened to the majority of it so far and Breaking All Illusions is fucking amazing.

what's wrong with Beneath The Surface? :lol: i think it's beautiful :) and with ''the other one'' you meant This Is The Life? Far From Heaven and Build Me Up, Break Me Down are my least favorite songs..

They just sound generic. The lyrics are terrible too. LaBrie must've wrote them. :lol: And how can you not like Far From Heaven? That song is like Vacant 2.0, it's fantastic.

Highlight of the whole album is still the middle part of Breaking All Illusions. :D

This is subject to change, but my order is, best to worst :

1 : Images and Words
2 : Awake
3 : Octavarium
4 : Black Clouds and Silver Linings
5 : Scenes from a Memory
6 : A Dramatic Turn of Events
7 : Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
8 : Train of Thought
9 : Systematic Chaos
10 : When Day and Dream Unite
11 : Falling into Infinity

*Dramatic Turn may go higher or lower after repeated listens when it comes out and I can listen to it more thoroughly.

Just finished listening to the whole thing straight through. The longer songs are the best ones. Lost Not Forgotten, Outcry, Bridges in the Sky and Breaking All Illusions are fantastic. Really didn't like Beneath the Surface and This is the Life before, but both have kinda grown on me. Far From Heaven is great, but Build Me Up, Break Me Down is just lame. Easily the worst song on here.

Biggest complaint is that LaBrie's voice seems to have gone out on him. He rarely goes above mid-range. Sad face. :(

Still great though, I'd still rank the albums as listed above though.

i agree with you that the longer ones are the best. when i first heard Lost Not Forgotten , i was immediately hooked.

luckily i'm not the only one who thinks that Build Me Up, Break Me Down is lame :lol:

have you seen their new music video for On The Backs Of Angels?

Last edited by a moderator:
What? He actually makes music? I thought he was just an annoying little youtube dude who did covers of pop songs to be popular. :p

On topic, uuumm..... I don't really have anything to say to be on topic. :lol:

What? He actually makes music? I thought he was just an annoying little youtube dude who did covers of pop songs to be popular. :p

On topic, uuumm..... I don't really have anything to say to be on topic. :lol:

:lol:

okay, you're going to see them in 11 (?) days. you probably know that they will play the same setlist every night, but what would be your favorite setlist? 15 songs max

Oh shit.... Uuumm....

1 - On the Backs of Angels
2 - Breaking All Illusions
3 - Under a Glass Moon
4 - Panic Attack
5 - Misunderstood
6 - The Count on Tuscany
7 - Voices
8 - Space Dye Vest
9 - Bridges in the Sky
10 - Wither
11 - Home
12 - Learning to Live (the WHOLE THING, not the first eight minutes like they've been now for a while now)
13 - Disappear

Oncore :
14 - Metropolis Pt. 1
15 - Octavarium

There's so much more, but if I saw that setlist, I'd die a happy man. :lol: