Dream Theater- BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS Coming June 23rd

Okay I just got it today.
It's an improvement over the last album. Some of it is the typical boring new DT which I don't like, whilst some of it is solid stuff indeed!

I like "The Best Of Times" and "The Count Of Tuscany", they somehow have that good old "Images and Words" feel to them. :cool:

Finally got this album last night. Basically, I like a lot of it, but not all of it stands out to me. The only 2 things that didn't leave me all like =O were A Rite of Passage and Wither. Everything else really impressed me, especially The Count of Tuscany. That song strikes me as King Crimson Metal. I like King Crimson. I like Metal.

I am starting to like "The Best of Times." I think the guitar tone at the beginning really suits the mood of the song! And it's rare that DT feels so emotional.

The rest, so far, isn't growing on me, though, especially the opener...

Each disc (there are 3) is in it's own UNLABELED envelope.

Each envelope has a different picture on it, and one, two or three written on the back, chief. :rolleyes:

But... in fairness it does take fiendishly good eyesight to detect the writing. And... good point about jewel cases... sometimes simplicity is the best way. This is one of them :)

Actually, I'll be honest, I think Labrie did an ok job. Not an amazing job, but still pretty good. Parts of songs he did well. The Count of Tuscany could have been done better by someone with a more powerful voice, but I thought he did A Nightmare To Remember pretty well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iRcm9B0tg&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div[/ame]

now that's a DT song

Haven't listened for a little while. I'll have to put it back into the rotation. One thing I can say is that I enjoyed the cover tunes more than the originals. The whole covers CD is awesome, IMO! The originals...well, I guess I just haven't listened to them enough. I don't hate it, but some of the songs just seemed too damn long to me...such is DT.

You know. i used to hate that part where portnoy growls in ANTR. Now i think its the best part. BWUUUUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!