Drudkh lyrics?

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I'm about to order "Autumn Aurora" since I've heard so much about this band, but I was curious (just out of curiosity you know :p ) what they sing about. I heard from someone it's mostly nature stuff, is this true?

They are said to be concerning nature, but as far as I know they have never and probably will never be printed. Same with Hate Forest, Roman Saenko is apparently highly secretive about his works.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this by the way, because I'm dying to know Hate Forest's lyrics. :)

I am sure that they have some slightly nationalistic, if not NS, lyrics. They even have a song called Sunwheel (if you don't know the racial implications of that word, don't even bother to ask).

Errr... why can't I ask? Feel free to PM me if you don't want it public... I do want to know! I'm not big into buying racist lyrics (even if I just care about the music)... though I do make definite exceptions.

Freanan what do you mean it grew boring? Anybody else have opinions?

WNxScythe said:
Errr... why can't I ask? Feel free to PM me if you don't want it public... I do want to know! I'm not big into buying racist lyrics (even if I just care about the music)... though I do make definite exceptions.

Freanan what do you mean it grew boring? Anybody else have opinions?
Well, put simply, the Sunwheel is an aryan pride/white power symbol.

I highly doubt there is anything racist on either of Drudkh's albums, but rather they seem to be more of celebrations of the beauty of Ukraine's nature and people.

Musically they're very lush and layered black metal with an organic sound. Like I said it sounds very much like a celebration/recognition of the beauty they are surrounded with. Autumn Aurora is probably my favorite album of the year. The sound is very full and rich. Each song is distinct from the next, but yet there is a distinct theme throughout the album. I highly recomend this album, and "Forgotten Legends" is worth getting as well, though not quite up to the level of the follow up...

Claims for racist/NS/whatever lyrics might be valid:

Drudkh-front.jpg

I've had this discussion before and don't feel like getting into it, good music is good music is good music.

Autumn Aurora has not gotten boring for me, and I've listened to it extensively.

crimsonfloyd said:
I highly doubt there is anything racist on either of Drudkh's albums, but rather they seem to be more of celebrations of the beauty of Ukraine's nature and people.

Musically they're very lush and layered black metal with an organic sound. Like I said it sounds very much like a celebration/recognition of the beauty they are surrounded with. Autumn Aurora is probably my favorite album of the year. The sound is very full and rich. Each song is distinct from the next, but yet there is a distinct theme throughout the album. I highly recomend this album, and "Forgotten Legends" is worth getting as well, though not quite up to the level of the follow up...
Well, they are linked to Astrofaes and Hate Forest (members were formerly in those bands), two bands with definite NS leanings. And to quote Metal Archives: "DRUDKH means 'WOOD' in Sanskrit, thought to be the original language of the Aryan race." That being said, I myself have absolutely no problem with NS bands, and listen to tons of NS stuff myself.

Oh goodness, thank you One Inch Man for posting that shirt (and indirectly, the link to the site where it can be purchased). Now I just have to wait for it to come back in stock.

Life Sucks said:
Well, they are linked to Astrofaes and Hate Forest (members were formerly in those bands), two bands with definite NS leanings. And to quote Metal Archives: "DRUDKH means 'WOOD' in Sanskrit, thought to be the original language of the Aryan race." That being said, I myself have absolutely no problem with NS bands, and listen to tons of NS stuff myself.
Yeah well I wouldn't be suprised at all if the members held NS ideals or felt that Ayrans are a supperior race, but I would be suprised if the music of Drudkh was about hatred of others. I mean it just doesn't sound hateful at all. To me the fact that Drudkh is a word of the original language only shows a celebration of their culture, like I said before.

Well I don't celebration of their culture, nationalistic leanings and such... as long as they're no hate spewing which it doesn't sound like there is. Autumn Aurora is on the way :)!