Drums or guitar?

Everyone wants to think what they listen to is the best and that they somehow 'know' what is good and what is not, but the truth is that music is an art and no different from drawing or painting in the sense that what you think is a piece of shit can be the greatest thing in the world to someone else. Just like any art, it is what you make of it. Sure you can rate music by your tastes or by some created values such as the song structure or instrumentation but that does not make it intrinsically better to someone else. Music is about the emotions that are invoked by the use of silence and sound and there can be no universal set of values by which to be judged other than the emotion or thoughts it evokes from person to person.

^But were the best amongst the ones you posted, :lol: And don't tell me that I say that because they are the most popular and the most known please, I knoe quite a lot death metal stuff, also many underground, and there are good bands there, but there is sooooooooo much shit. So many bands that sound like fucking crap, but amongst them certainly many good ones too. But no one will go over Nile for me, :lol: I just love the whole brutality/complexity/godlike drumming/egyptian stuff combo. And Karl Sanders is really funny, :lol:

these bands were just example..

You still have a lot to learn about quality and taste. That's all I'm gonna say. I don't mean this as a way to insult you, but you're passionate about something and that doesn't allow you to judge it objectively. That's ok though. It's good to be passionate.

And Knarfi wasn't being random. :p

Everyone wants to think what they listen to is the best and that they somehow 'know' what is good and what is not, but the truth is that music is an art and no different from drawing or painting in the sense that what you think is a piece of shit can be the greatest thing in the world to someone else. Just like any art, it is what you make of it. Sure you can rate music by your tastes or by some created values such as the song structure or instrumentation but that does not make it intrinsically better to someone else. Music is about the emotions that are invoked by the use of silence and sound and there can be no universal set of values by which to be judged other than the emotion or thoughts it evokes from person to person.

fuck Dred, i vote Tony 2008!

1, you don't know me in real life. SO you can't say that I want to make friends with my music taste hahaha Anyway I have enough friends in my life, and I say to tall of them that they listen a lot of shitty metal bands, but they like me anyway.
2, I know that I listen to good stuff.
3, I don't stay all day long on this forum, I have a life
4, I know who I am, and I know that I listen a lot of good stuff
5, it's just funny people who think they are cool because they listen to shitty thrash metal or shit like that
6, You were the first to insult me on this forum
7, when I know something, I am proud of it, but I do my bitch only for my music knowledges, because music is very important in my life and I listen to it excessively everyday, I can't walk and take the bus without my iPod
8, I am good in arts but I will never say: ''I am the best, I draw very well'' ''ooh you're so bad in arts'' ''you draw like shit''.. A canvas can be ugly for someone, and beautiful for another person. But when a band sounds like shit, ang doesnt give emotions or thoughts, this bands is shit. So yea, even if I have A LOT of knowledges in arts, no I will never say that, but in metal music tastes, yes because it's TRUE that the majority of metalheads listen a lot of shitty bands.
9, and the bands that I listen are all good, you don't have good taste if you don't like Nile, Decapitated, Windir (known bands) etc
10, I have 155+ complete albums of the bands I listen, and I just forgot to listen like 6 albums, because I have too many. I didn't say that I listen more bands than anyone, but I listen A LOT of good music, in th good stuff I know for the moment. I discover bands everyday, and it's a passion.

so calm down your *** ass

1, You don't know me in real life, so you can't say I'm a bitch either.
2, There is no such thing as "this IS good music", it's "I THINK this is good music", it's an opinion like I said before. What you like, is terrible to others, and the other way around. Some people think rap is good, people on um think metal is good.
3, Neither do I. I have been in college for 9 hours today. Hope that proves my point.
4, See number 2.
5, See number 2. You think trash is shitty, other people like it. You should start to get some respect for other people's tastes.
6, I never insulted you. You called me an ugly bitch. I only said your posts are ridiculous.
7, I listen to music whenever I can. Doesn't mean I don't respect other people's opinions. I get to hear "OMG WHAT IS THAT CRAP?!" all the time from people in my class. Do I care? Nope. As long as I like it I will listen to whatever I want.
8, Once again, see number 2. YOU think other people listen to "shitty" music, but THEY like it.
9, I don't have taste if I don't like Nile, Decapitated or Windir? Ever thought of why there are so many different genres of music? Because everyone has his/her own taste. See number 2 again.
10,.... I think I don't have to repeat which number you should read again.

Anyways, I'm done here. You don't seem to want to show any respect to other people's tastes/opinions... I guess there's no way I can convince you...

Tata

I had a biology class when I was in high school and we had to make some tests to know what kind of blood we had.. so I had to make a little cut in the finger to take some blood :rofl: