DT in Pittsburgh yesterday

So yesterday I was trying to entertain myself in Pittsburgh, PA. It was my first time being there so I acted like a tourist, drank local coffee and beer, visited Andy Warhol museum and took pictures here and there. When it came to looking for a place to eat I could find (besides few shitty fast-food places which I refuse automatically) only one half-decent bar/restaurant that was open in the very central square of the city (Sunday, everything else was closed!). Due to the lack of other open restaurants this "half-decent" one was full of families and random alcoholics like myself. The place had outside tables, large TV screens and loud music from the jukebox. No one requested any music so it played some random soft crap. After having some beer I went ahead to check this thing out and to my amusement found 3 full DT albums available: CHARACTER, PROJECTOR and HAVEN.
My first choice was My Negation.. After a while I started feeling pity for all these family people and random alcoholics around me so I decided to cheer them up a bit with some PANTERA tunes.

Good stuff!

Ughi, I lived in Pittsburgh for about 6 years, now live about 50 miles from there
if You ever visit again, try to make it to 'the Strip' part of the city, many fine places to eat
plus all sort of things going on, I'd like to recommend, Primanti Brothers, they have many
locations but the one in the Strip is the original and open 24/7,
the Primanti Bro's sandwiches are world famous
Andy Warhol is one on my favorite artist, I've been to his museum many times
did You take the time to watch any of his movies? They can be very trippy
I've seen DT live 3 x in the Pittsburgh area -

Cool. I've been to that restaurant, but I've never looked at their jukebox. I will have to go check it out. I live around the Squirrel Hill area. I'm somewhat familiar with Crafton.

Cool. I've been to that restaurant, but I've never looked at their jukebox. I will have to go check it out. I live around the Squirrel Hill area. I'm somewhat familiar with Crafton.
I moved from Pittsburgh in 2000, as you are near Squirrel Hill, I was wondering if the store that sell only music on vinyl is still on Murray Ave, it was on the second floor above the shops on the Ave. they had millions and millions of vinyl discs, never saw another place like it. I still come to the burgh to see the Penguins and Pirates every now and then, I love the Steelers but would rather watch them on TV.
As for music, usually go out to Millvale(Mr Smalls) to see/hear the hard hitting music.
Oops, totally forgot about this forum.
Yeah, it was one of those Primanti Bros, but the one near the castle-like glass building. Whatever that is. :p
That is the PPG place
http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/ppg/index.htm

I think you're talking about Jerry's Records, or something like that, and unless it closed down within the last few months, then it's still there. It's the one above The New Dumpling House. I eat there often.